PDA

View Full Version : New best trap's at Atco (3/5/06)

Driven
03-05-2006, 06:46 PM
Best trap of the day was 127.16. 1/8th MPH was only 94.36. Picking up almost 33mph in the big end feels damn good.

The track wasn't hooking the best and I babied it off the line for most of the passes. Best ET was only an 11.873 at 126.59 (coasting through the traps).

I'll scan the slips and post them up in a couple.

Driven
03-05-2006, 06:58 PM
Oh, and it was nice to meet some new people and to have some people to ride down with.

WhiteXFire
03-05-2006, 07:02 PM
Yeah, they were some sick times, you definitely destroyed the rest of us. Now, if you were only launching all out... :wiggle:

Driven
03-05-2006, 07:04 PM
Yeah, they were some sick times, you definitely destroyed the rest of us. Now, if you were only launching all out... :wiggle:

I did give it a little more on one run... it wasn't pretty. The data log shows over 8500 RPM's for most of first gear while spinning. I need to go back when the track's stickier.

05OCsrt-4
03-05-2006, 07:25 PM
those are some nice numbers, u must have an amazing top-end (not being sarcastic)

Little G
03-05-2006, 08:10 PM
yeah ur car is badass......u got 12.041 against me......When I only got 13.067

DocEwww
03-05-2006, 08:16 PM
Driven ur car is insane bro...major props.

I got a new best as well as my 2 buddies that went with me....cant complain.

crazy2sin
03-05-2006, 08:41 PM
Hey Doc want me to post your best? i happen to have gotten it on tape

evo8power
03-05-2006, 08:47 PM
you trapped 126 and ran i high 11?? hmm must have been tons of wheel spin, whats your setup?

Intercooled T
03-05-2006, 08:58 PM
yea, seriously, 126 and high 11's? what was your 1/8?

Driven
03-05-2006, 09:37 PM
Hey Doc want me to post your best? i happen to have gotten it on tape

Yes, post it up. If you don't have a place to host, email it to me at drivengsx@gmail.com

As for the ET's, I really wasn't going for all that great of an ET. This was the first time to the track with a lot of changes. The first pass was a whopping 115 MPH. I do know how to drive, I've been as quick as 11.9 at 112 in this car and I've run 11.7 at 117 previously.

My best 60' was a 1.864 rolling off the line from like 3k. I left a little harder on the next run from right around 5k and the track wanted none of it. The 8500 RPM rev limiter was my friend on that run all the way to the stunning 1.901 60'. The best 1/8th mile was only a 7.91 at 92mph. On the run that I spun, it was a 7.93 at 99mph. I think my 3-4 shift is right at the MPH cones for the 1/8th mile because my MPH's are all over the place.

As for mods: the car has a FP3575 (for those who don't know, it's a T67), 2.3L, ported head, magnus intake, HKS 272s, DSMLink and 1600cc injectors. I'm still on the stock trans, street tires, heavy 17" wheels and a race weight thats right around 3400lbs. Kumho 711's don't like the power I have now. They were good for some mid 1.6's with a lot less power though.

2point4DSM
03-05-2006, 10:29 PM
Congrats! :thumbup:

Yours has always been one of my favorite 2g DSMs on here.

That turbo is a tad bigger than mine although my motor is a tab bigger than yours and I just swapped out my 272s for FP3s but my race weight is at least 200 lbs less so needless to say I'm interested to see what happens when I finally get my car to the track.

I'm also interested to hear what kind of tires or traction mods you go with next.

Until I get my new tires and a couple more things squared away I'll have to settle for bench racing, lol.

No way I was going to the track or the DSM dyno day today since I killed my back the night before setting up the new 42" plasma tv. Our 8 year old, 27" just had to die this weekend for some reason. :furious:

:devil:

Driven
03-05-2006, 10:50 PM
Congrats! :thumbup:

Yours has always been one of my favorite 2g DSMs on here.

That turbo is a tad bigger than mine although my motor is a tab bigger than yours and I just swapped out my 272s for FP3s but my race weight is at least 200 lbs less so needless to say I'm interested to see what happens when I finally get my car to the track.

I'm also interested to hear what kind of tires or traction mods you go with next.

Until I get my new tires and a couple more things squared away I'll have to settle for bench racing, lol.

No way I was going to the track or the DSM dyno day today since I killed my back the night before setting up the new 42" plasma tv. Our 8 year old, 27" just had to die this weekend for some reason. :furious:

:devil:

To be honest, I'm going to keep these crappy kumho 711s on the car for a little longer. After that, I'm very open to suggestions. The class I intend to run in for some NDRA event's is very vague on the drag radial rule. They imply that DR's are not legal for AWD cars, BUT, the rule does not specifically say that. I think I'm going to start researching what the stickiest street tire is in the size I'm looking for. I also plan on going to a lightweight 16" rim over my heavy 17" rims. As for suspension, thats still a little way out also. A transmission needs to be my next mod. I am on borrowed time with the stocker with over 96k miles on it and over 200 passes. When I do finally do suspension, I'm probably going to go with some sort of coil over system thats pretty stiff in the back and a nice adjustable shock. I'm thinking maybe GC coil overs and a Koni shock, but I need to do more reading.

I'm pretty confident on a stickier track and with DSMLink V2 I will see some better times. I just ordered V2 about 5 minutes ago and the bracket racing starts Saturday hopefully the track will come around.

crazy2sin
03-05-2006, 10:51 PM
Heres DocEww's best run from today
http://crazy2sin.com/storage/video/Docew.wmv

Thanks Driven for the offer for hosting but i own a site i use for nothing but hosting :supz:

2point4DSM
03-05-2006, 11:06 PM
To be honest, I'm going to keep these crappy kumho 711s on the car for a little longer. After that, I'm very open to suggestions.
http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11183

I also just upgraded my rear suspension to coil overs with GAB struts and will be considering installing the Dejon rear lift kit that has been sitting in the garage for some time.

Driven
03-05-2006, 11:09 PM

Thanks Driven for the offer for hosting but i own a site i use for nothing but hosting :supz:

Do you have any of my runs?

crazy2sin
03-05-2006, 11:16 PM
ill have to check the tape took a ton of races

Driven
03-05-2006, 11:28 PM

I also just upgraded my rear suspension to coil overs with GAB struts and will be considering installing the Dejon rear lift kit that has been sitting in the garage for some time.

Thanks for the link, I just posted on it.

As for the rear lift kit, I guess the 1G suspension is different. The 2G allows you to adjust camber with just washers. My car has a ton of camber right now because I have the typical sagging Eibach springs. I'm sure that isn't helping either.

CarbonIS
03-05-2006, 11:29 PM
see if u have any of mine too!!!

AMF Racing
03-05-2006, 11:37 PM

is that the stuff you got from my co-worker jack? i heard you picked up some things from him.....

DocEwww
03-06-2006, 01:03 AM

Dood you're the ****ing man!! Thats me running my buddy Mark who went a best of 13.30 @ 105/106 with just intake/exhaust/4.10s in a 05 GT. :supz:

That was me N/A on 275/40/17 M/T drag radials. I'll pay you to get a run with me next week with spray and on the pro stars ;)

bad360rt
03-06-2006, 01:36 AM
Best trap of the day was 127.16. 1/8th MPH was only 94.36. Picking up almost 33mph in the big end feels damn good.

The track wasn't hooking the best and I babied it off the line for most of the passes. Best ET was only an 11.873 at 126.59 (coasting through the traps).

I'll scan the slips and post them up in a couple.
That's some serious topend! Nice job!

YuK
03-06-2006, 01:39 AM
driven your dsm is crazy fast. had a hell of a time today at the track we all have to do it again

2point4DSM
03-06-2006, 08:45 AM
is that the stuff you got from my co-worker Jack?

Yup. Just my luck I was looking for coilovers for the rears and he had just the rears he wanted to sell. :mrgreen: I'm going to guess it should work out nicely with the Konis I have up front.

Actually, I've been looking to stiffen up the back for a while now, lol.

WhiteXFire
03-06-2006, 09:17 AM

The Black '06 Mustang GT next to him put down a 13.3 @ 104mph with a 1.985 60' next to me.

My best run was my first run, with a best 60' of 2.318 I went 14.965 @ 93.63mph. With even higher 60's, I ran two 15.098's and a 15.000. The car should definitely be more of a mid 14's car with a semi-decent start. My favorite run was my 2nd, when I spun for 2 seconds at the line going sideways until I let my foot off at 6K at the end of 1st gear to go somewhere, ran a 16.2 @ 92.63mph, hahaha.

2point4DSM
03-06-2006, 10:15 AM
As for the rear lift kit, I guess the 1G suspension is different. The 2G allows you to adjust camber with just washers. My car has a ton of camber right now because I have the typical sagging Eibach springs. I'm sure that isn't helping either.

The way my car sits now is very similar to yours. And the way our rear suspension reacts are also very similar. I've got several ways to zero out camber in the rear including an Ingall's rear camber kit. The problem is I run a little negative camber on the street but when the car squats hard I'm sure the camber gets really out of hand since camber goes exponentially more negative as the rear comes down. I can probably adjust camber to zero or a little positive with the lift kit pumped up so the the wheels are close to flat up against the road when the car is launching. Raising the rear should also help plant the fronts as well hopefully helping traction all around.

The rear lift kit was originally just a FWD trick and I don't know anyone else that has it for a AWD DSM besides me. I suppose most other people just stiffen the rears a lot.

Driven
03-06-2006, 11:16 AM
The rear lift kit was originally just a FWD trick and I don't know anyone else that has it for a AWD DSM besides me. I suppose most other people just stiffen the rears a lot.

I think because theres far less AWD guys with traction issues than FWD guys. The FWD'ers run into issues stock. I really never had much trouble at all (at least no trouble that I couldn't figure out) until this weekend. You're car is going to look pretty funny with the back end jacked up in the air. I'm trying to keep my car looking like a typical riced out eclipse. It makes it that much more satisfying.

I just ordered DSMLink V2. I should be good to the limit of the GM 3 bar map sensor now which I've read is anywhere from 29-32 PSI. Mine didn't have any trouble at 29 PSI yesterday.

DocEwww
03-06-2006, 01:32 PM
The Black '06 Mustang GT next to him put down a 13.3 @ 104mph with a 1.985 60' next to me.

Thats Mark, one of my best friends, he came with me and its a 05 manual. The car has full exhaust, cai and 4.10s :cool:

05GT
03-06-2006, 05:36 PM
Thats Mark, one of my best friends, he came with me and its a 05 manual. The car has full exhaust, cai and 4.10s :cool:

Hey thx Drew. I just joined so hello everyone. Yea man, should have my drag radials by Friday. Hopefully I'll hit the 12's.
Can't wait for the blower!!!

sleeperstyle
03-06-2006, 06:19 PM
doceww- impressive driving in a m6. what does it run on the juice/prostars (slicks im assuming)? im assuming pretty damn good if you can keep that driving up.

2point4DSM
03-06-2006, 07:19 PM
You're car is going to look pretty funny with the back end jacked up in the air. I'm trying to keep my car looking like a typical riced out eclipse. It makes it that much more satisfying.

The nice thing about the Dejon rear lift kit is that I can raise then lower the rears with a switch in the cabin. :afro:

Driven
03-06-2006, 07:27 PM
The nice thing about the Dejon rear lift kit is that I can raise then lower the rears with a switch in the cabin. :afro:

So are they just air helper springs?

We need to meet up sometime so we can discuss some ideas about going faster in person. I was happy with the 127mph for yesterday but now I want 130+ and I want an ET to match that trap speed. I am going to work on pulling some weight out of the car without sacraficing any luxuries (it weighs 3400lbs with me in it) for now and I'm going to solve my MAS problem for the time being. I need to take care of some crank case ventalation issues and also install my second fuel pump. I have a lot of work to do so hopefully I can keep getting faster.

DocEwww
03-06-2006, 09:43 PM
Hey thx Drew. I just joined so hello everyone. Yea man, should have my drag radials by Friday. Hopefully I'll hit the 12's.
Can't wait for the blower!!!

Hell yea! Cant wait for Friday...

doceww- impressive driving in a m6. what does it run on the juice/prostars (slicks im assuming)? im assuming pretty damn good if you can keep that driving up.

Thanks bro. I just got the ProStars on ET Drags Sunday right before I left for the track, Im hoping to get some times Friday before they boot me.

sleeperstyle
03-07-2006, 07:53 AM
Hell yea! Cant wait for Friday...

Thanks bro. I just got the ProStars on ET Drags Sunday right before I left for the track, Im hoping to get some times Friday before they boot me.

i may be there friday also- same setup as last year though, just racing for fun.

sk82712
03-11-2006, 03:09 AM
I must admit, i've just found this fourm, and like it already. And for some reason, Doc, i've seen your car at atco quite a lot before, and i've rembered it for some reason or another.

DocEwww
03-11-2006, 05:52 AM
I must admit, i've just found this fourm, and like it already. And for some reason, Doc, i've seen your car at atco quite a lot before, and i've rembered it for some reason or another.

My dad used to work for Burns Pontiac on 70 so I was up there a lot...the flames usually make it stand out for some odd reason. :confused: