PDA

View Full Version : Water Temp gauge

EIXVO
03-01-2006, 04:02 PM
How hard is it to install a water temp gauge if any one knows. Thanks

Zeropistonz
03-01-2006, 06:04 PM
depends if its mechanical or electric... either way its not too hard if you have worked on a car before.

SpendOne
03-01-2006, 11:53 PM
Exactly its all about your experience with your bay. Mines electrical and took maybe 5 mins to hook up.

05Accent
03-02-2006, 12:13 AM
jon give me a call 2morrow and well figure it out. its not that hard.

WRXD
03-02-2006, 12:19 AM
the 350z doesnt have a water temp gauge stock? Get an oil temp gauge if you really want to know when your car is 'warmed up'. My water is at temp way before my oil temp says its ok to drive it hard.

05OCsrt-4
03-02-2006, 12:39 AM
How hard is it to install a water temp gauge if any one knows. Thanks
jus hit me up, i thought i was installing all ur gauges newayz

cburwell
03-02-2006, 11:03 AM
the 350z doesnt have a water temp gauge stock? Get an oil temp gauge if you really want to know when your car is 'warmed up'. My water is at temp way before my oil temp says its ok to drive it hard.

Probably just the factory on that just plants itself in the center and only moves in extreme situations.

As far as an oil temp gauge, they are usually a bit more complicated to install, if you want to do it right. I don't know if this holds true for most motors, but on my motor butting an oil temp gauge were the stock oil pressure sending unit is (on the back of the block where the oil filter is) will give you inaccurate readings. For a more accurate reading it is best to weld a bung into the oil pan.

PT350: Nissport water adaptor can make the install a bit easier. It is bascially an adaptor that splices into the upper radiator hose.

WRXD
03-02-2006, 01:40 PM
Probably just the factory on that just plants itself in the center and only moves in extreme situations.

As far as an oil temp gauge, they are usually a bit more complicated to install, if you want to do it right. I don't know if this holds true for most motors, but on my motor butting an oil temp gauge were the stock oil pressure sending unit is (on the back of the block where the oil filter is) will give you inaccurate readings. For a more accurate reading it is best to weld a bung into the oil pan.

PT350: Nissport water adaptor can make the install a bit easier. It is bascially an adaptor that splices into the upper radiator hose.

My oil temp gauge bolts into an unused bung on the block. It gives a more accurate reading than the oil pan because the oil in the pan is at a lower temp that the oil that is currently being used to lube the block. Its an electronic gauge and it took me all of 30 mins to install the probe, and maybe an hour or so to run the lines and tap the 12v for the gauge.

EIXVO
03-02-2006, 03:27 PM
Chris you are, I wasnt asking for me, I just wanted to know so that you where aware of the diff. lol
( your so sexy how could i ever see anyone else under the hood of my bay)

Little G
03-02-2006, 06:21 PM
Chris you are, I wasnt asking for me, I just wanted to know so that you where aware of the diff. lol

What? Anyway that was kinda weird..

05Accent
03-02-2006, 07:16 PM
yea just a lil wtf?!:screwy: :iagree:

05OCsrt-4
03-03-2006, 02:17 AM

um yea, now i'll hafta think 2nd bout this install

05Accent
03-03-2006, 02:20 AM
haha..

EIXVO
03-03-2006, 10:53 AM
LOl