PDA

View Full Version : My Wicked-White Mitsubishi Evo 8, And it's soon to be transformation.

EklipzGSXkid
01-30-2011, 06:10 PM
I purchased this car last week. I found it on the internet and contact the owner (In another state), And told him that I will come that night and purchase the car in cash. After an entire day of trying to convince him I'm not some ''crazy'' person, And that I actually have the cash, I made the drive to meet with him to get the car. I drove the car back home, And drove it around for a few days to get me and my daugther (7-months old), Out during the day time monday-friday, Being we are usually just at home 'hanging out'.

I originally bought the car to just re-sell, Or to part out in pieces. After thinking about it the past day, I am going to strip it within the next week, And do a full ground-up build on the car in my garage.

I plan to build every part of the car, Which is why I am making this thread (To keep track of the progress on the car, And to allow other members to see it's soon to be, Drastic change.

I do not know yet if I'm going to color change the car. I love white, But if I can find a nice color, I'll paint the car while it's apart. I'm hoping to have this car done within the next month, But with no direction or exact plans, I dont know if I can make that happen. I'm just going to strip it, And go from there as to what way the car will be put back together.

The day after I got it. Please excuse it being dirty, 10minutes into my return trip home after buying the car, I hit a massive snow storm the entire way. Unfortunatly I ''snapped'' the hott/cold knob on the hvac system, So I drove over 5hrs straight in a blizzard, With ZERO heat (Not even warm, It was on ice-cold). What a rough drive home. I got home at 3am, So I was not able to get pictures of it till the next morning.

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j39/eklipzgsxkid/2011-01-21_09-16-21_885.jpg

Where is sits now, In my garage:

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j39/eklipzgsxkid/S5007215.jpg

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j39/eklipzgsxkid/S5007208.jpg

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j39/eklipzgsxkid/S5007220.jpg

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j39/eklipzgsxkid/S5007202.jpg

The car is a one owner car. I bought it off the original owner, Who gave me all the paper work from the day he bought it new from the mitsubishi dealership. For being his DD, The car is actually in great condition, With no dents/dings. The paint is very nice and just needs a good wash.

I hope to show major updates in this thread, Within the next week. As I said, My goal is to fully build this car from the ground up, Within one month from start to finish.

Thanks for looking, And I hope you enjoy!

ÐGK
01-30-2011, 07:09 PM
Nice cars dude! I was thinking of getting one in black. How the hell did you manage that drive, is my question

EklipzGSXkid
01-30-2011, 07:16 PM
Thank you very much, I really appreciate the compliment :). It was a rough drive home, But I really had no other options. It made the drive fine as it has zero problems other then me breaking the hott/cold control knob. Once I made it home, I found out that I was able to just reach under the dash with my hand and manually push the ''door knob'' to the hott position. I just wish I knew that when I did it 10min into the trip!

morla
01-30-2011, 08:10 PM
even though I already have one, I'm jealous. I love wicked white, it's my favorite evo color. Good luck with the build and I'm definitely subscribed :)

05Accent
01-30-2011, 08:53 PM
damn thing looks great! i cant wait to see what ur going to do with it!

WolfsFang
01-30-2011, 09:58 PM
wana trade cars when your done haha :o

BlkWhtTSI
01-30-2011, 10:00 PM
Pumped for this build! following this for sure!

SvicksTc
01-30-2011, 10:48 PM
always like watching you work, i will be following this like your other builds ha

Good luck cant wait to see

mx931
01-30-2011, 11:20 PM
sell the car. cash. your pocket. please.

EklipzGSXkid
01-30-2011, 11:22 PM
I think you lost me on that one.

Thank you everyone else for the compliments, I greatly appreciate them. I'm very excited to start a build on this car too!

TalonTsi97
01-30-2011, 11:27 PM
How many miles it have? Stock? Engine bay pics?

ambitiousCK
01-30-2011, 11:34 PM
Done within the month...smdh lol

EklipzGSXkid
01-30-2011, 11:37 PM
The milage on this car is a bit high, (Can't tell from the way it looks). It has 175k on it!!!

The car has your basic mods:

-3" o2 housing back exhaust
-in cabin mbc
-walbro fuel pump
-hard ic pipes
-cone filter and hard intake pipe
-forge bov
-Cheap ebay? tubular manifold, With ALOT of cracks in it...

I had a dsm guy come from reading a few nights ago who bought a ton of parts off me. I just mailed him out new ss 2g brake lines, in trade for a stock manifold. Now, I realized I more then likly will have no use for the stock manifold. This manifold is pretty bad (See the front of the valve cover).

This is the only pic I have of the engine bay. It is uncleaned. I honestly don't know if the original owner ever cleaned it (It doesn't look it).

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j39/eklipzgsxkid/S5007217.jpg

The car had a bunch of random parts installed that I removed. It has a remote starter, white face gauges, sirius satellite radio, radar detector, 2 subs in a box/amp, Weird fog lights that were in the upper grille area (Hence why I had to remove the grille since he cut two circle holes for them to sit ''flush'' You can see them in the first pic!), Etc. I am not into any of that and hate wiring, When I don't know who did it or how good it was done (one bad wire job could cost you your car).

Here is some of the wiring I removed:
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j39/eklipzgsxkid/14-2.jpg

I don't think he really knew anything about the car, He didn't seem like he did. He was in his early 30's and said he was a dealership mechanic. He said he didn't touch the car and had it all professionally installed (Not sure who would install the ebay manifold).

xEJ20x
01-31-2011, 08:08 AM
Dealership mechanic that doesn't do his own work or installs?

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight...

EklipzGSXkid
01-31-2011, 11:22 AM
Exactly. He was kind of clueless. Funny thing is, I've met alot of "mechanics" who were the same way. They only know ''by the books''. Either way, The car runs flawless thankfully and the transaction went smoothly after I convinced him that the money is not fake (He bought and brought 4 different counterfeit markers...) It was just a really weird situation, Because I've never had someone handle a transaction the way this one was handled. I'm useto paying cash, Getting the car, And parting ways.

On another note, I have on the way:

-buschur hta37r kit
-buschur double pumper
-1200cc injectors
-tilton carbon twin disc

For now, That's all until I look into everything else in the next few days. I am in the middle of building a few of my other cars aswell so it's tough to jump back and forth from one to the other while trying to get caught up with other stuff up the garage. It would be nice to find one solid vendor to order everything from that is in the PA area, But I don't know of any shops around here that deal with mitsubishi's (I don't get out much, Sorry!)

Erik@R/TTuning
01-31-2011, 11:28 AM
The dude sounds like a nut job.

Good luck with the project.

EklipzGSXkid
01-31-2011, 11:35 AM
He was very strange, But I guess I can ''sort of'' understand. He did not want me meeting at his house or anything. I originally thought he was just going to try and rob me from the way he was acting over the phone and through email, But I'm guessing he thought the same thing aswell before meeting me in person. He wanted to keep the title and sign a ton of paperwork saying he will send the title next day air mail the next morning, Once the cash ''cleared'' in the bank.

After meeting him and talking to him he finally agreed to give me the title right there. I met him close to midnight, In some empty parking lot in NY.:eek::screwy: I'm glad everything went well. I knew where he lived because I ran his lisence plates that were on the car in pictures before going, So I basically knew everything about him just incase something happen but it was still an odd situation.:o

01 Trans-Am WS6
01-31-2011, 11:38 AM
Badass car, looks very, very good for 175k!

Shame about breaking off the HVAC knob...if only you knew you could swap the other knob in its place to get the heat going! There are 3 knobs in a row, 2 on each end are a bit larger with the middle being smaller. The 2 outside knobs can be swapped back and forth, just pull it directly out and directly back in place!

How do I know?? Because my Evo was missing one knob too!

EklipzGSXkid
01-31-2011, 11:48 AM
I'm sorry, I meant I actually snapped the knob and the male end of the hvac control unit that the knob slips on too! I'm going to order a new hvac control unit. they are $100 used and a bit over $300 brand new.

Thank you for the compliments, I'm suprised how good of condition the car is in for the milage, Too. There is not one rattle ETC in the interior, Which is strange for such a high milage, 8 year old car!

MikeK
01-31-2011, 12:11 PM
really excited to see where this goes. subscribed :mrgreen:

PAdutch
01-31-2011, 01:09 PM
Man Im jealous. Gonna be a fun car. Its funny how people are so afraid to deal in cash.

Is this going to be a race car or a street car?
What are your plans for the bottom end and drivetrain (other than the clutch)?

EklipzGSXkid
01-31-2011, 04:36 PM
Thank you! It's going to have a liscense plate and baby seat in the back, Just like all the other cars I've built!!! As for the engine/drivetrain, I'm not sure yet. I've spent a bit of the day today looking around at options, But I'm still open to alot of different choices. I'm sure before the week is over I will figure it out. I'm going to try to follow through with all of this rather then order everything and sell the car and get stuck with all the parts like usual.

Tonight I'm going to start tearing it apart when I get a chance between working on the other cars and getting the few remaining parts packaged up for people that I need to ship out. I'm hoping to have it stripped within the next two or so days but it's going to be a bit hard for me (I'm in the middle of doing two other subaru's, and 5 gsx's). It's my fault though, I pack all this on me at once.. In a sense, I guess it's stressful but at the same time when there is nothing to do, It's stressful too.

PAdutch
01-31-2011, 05:20 PM
Thank you! It's going to have a liscense plate and baby seat in the back, Just like all the other cars I've built!!! As for the engine/drivetrain, I'm not sure yet. I've spent a bit of the day today looking around at options, But I'm still open to alot of different choices. I'm sure before the week is over I will figure it out. I'm going to try to follow through with all of this rather then order everything and sell the car and get stuck with all the parts like usual.

Tonight I'm going to start tearing it apart when I get a chance between working on the other cars and getting the few remaining parts packaged up for people that I need to ship out. I'm hoping to have it stripped within the next two or so days but it's going to be a bit hard for me (I'm in the middle of doing two other subaru's, and 5 gsx's). It's my fault though, I pack all this on me at once.. In a sense, I guess it's stressful but at the same time when there is nothing to do, It's stressful too.

Well good luck, you sound like a busy guy. I would go LR2.4, but thats just my dream. If you decide you dont want the parts I could take'em of your hands haha:mrgreen:.

EklipzGSXkid
01-31-2011, 05:56 PM
If I decide to sell the car before finishing a build, I will definatly contact you. you have alot of nice mods the way it is though!

vernach14
01-31-2011, 06:52 PM
i wish i could just buy an evo to rip it apart and build it into a monster. good luck with everything cant wait to see this when its finished.

DPancoast
01-31-2011, 07:01 PM
always loved white evos.

it'll be cool to see where this goes with no plans really. usually people map it out and its not really that exciting.

ToMs2jz
02-01-2011, 02:46 AM
Nice! Any plans for the exterior?

EklipzGSXkid
02-01-2011, 03:07 AM
Thank you again! I don't have many if any plans for the exterior as of right now.

Should be a bit of a change in pictures, Being most all of my pictures are from the other half of my garage. I started utilizing all the space now ha ha.

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j39/eklipzgsxkid/S5007231.jpg

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j39/eklipzgsxkid/S5007230.jpg

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j39/eklipzgsxkid/S5007223.jpg

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j39/eklipzgsxkid/S5007221.jpg

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j39/eklipzgsxkid/S5007222.jpg

stover
02-01-2011, 06:56 PM
white ones are the fastest! nice pickup

jjm4life
02-01-2011, 07:41 PM
white is the fastest color for sure, esp. witha hta37. looks great for such crazy high mileage too.

plans to build the block or are you just going to throw that buschur kit on there and hope for the best?

Forc3 F3d
02-01-2011, 09:25 PM
White is definitely not the fastest... Elctric blue :)

Nice pick up rob. Looking forward to the build, maybe keeping this one for more than a month too!

01 Trans-Am WS6
02-05-2011, 08:35 PM
How you all saying white is the fastest or blue...we all know those black ones can run!! ;)

EklipzGSXkid
02-10-2011, 01:58 PM
No longer keeping the car. It's being picked up this weekend. The person who purchased my wrx that I just did in white with a 06' conversion and fully built sti motor wants this one now aswell. He's giving me a very hard to refuse cash offer plus that car back as a white evo is what he originally wanted (Just didn't have this one last month when he came up to get the subaru). I'll be getting another evo once I find one so then I can use all the parts that were meant for this build, On the next one.

AlterEvo
02-10-2011, 02:55 PM
nice purchase, you need any help or anything let me know.

Forc3 F3d
02-10-2011, 03:31 PM
I don't understand how you do that sometimes. :screwy: