PDA

View Full Version : Drag-Radials...questions....

Intercooled T
02-23-2006, 12:52 PM
Ok, I need some opinions here...

1.) What is the best drag radial that can see normal driving once in a while and NOT abnormally wear, or wear real fast...and how long could you see them being driven? (miles)

2.) What drag radial grips best in wet conditions?

HuggyBear
02-23-2006, 01:30 PM
Best DR you can buy are either the Nitto 555Rs or the BF Goodrich tires.

NO DR is good in rain...

underpressure02
03-01-2006, 11:22 AM
Ok, I need some opinions here...

1.) What is the best drag radial that can see normal driving once in a while and NOT abnormally wear, or wear real fast...and how long could you see them being driven? (miles)

2.) What drag radial grips best in wet conditions?

I drove all last year with the BFG DR. Would I recommend them for daily driving NO. I got caught in a pretty bad rain storm coming back from Maple Grove and I was all over the road when i would go above 40. They are all going to wear very fast. The BFG have a 0 treadwear rating. They are obvsiouly not meant to be driven on the street.

Next is they suck ass if you try and push them in a turn. I am assuming this is b/c of the soft sidewall. I thought it was the way I have my car setup so I threw my falkens back on the front and the problem went away. With the BFG if I would push the car the tires felt like there were skipping.

If you just want DR to put on at the track you can also look into
M&H, and hoosiers.

HickRocket1258
03-01-2006, 04:18 PM
I drove my BFG DR on the street but not too far and I also raced them at the track. I think they are very underrated DRs. I do have a rwd car though so maybe it's a different story.

TalonTsi97
03-01-2006, 04:24 PM
I have heard bad things bout the nitto 555r's but i dont wanna pass bad info. Heard you need to really heat them up to stick on the street, and when not heated good they dont hook good at all. This was on a buddys 450-500whp mustang.
I know sleeperstyle has soem experiance with the nittos maybe he can chime in.

92eg
03-01-2006, 04:30 PM
BFG DR are very good. good at the track and i have been driving on the street with them for a while as well.

2point4DSM
03-01-2006, 04:32 PM
I just sold brand new discontinued Nitto 555s in my size a few months ago. I got rid of them for the same reason mentioned and having AWD I'm not able to heat up my tires.

underpressure02
03-01-2006, 05:20 PM
I drove my BFG DR on the street but not too far and I also raced them at the track. I think they are very underrated DRs. I do have a rwd car though so maybe it's a different story.

I daily drove with my BFG's if you would call it that. I do not drive my car everyday but when I do drive it those are my only tires on the front. Not sure how a rwd car handles with them on the back only have fwd experience.

I know with the BFG's you are supposed to heat them up to atleast 180 deg for them to work properly.

TROLL
03-01-2006, 05:21 PM
moving to suspension...

HickRocket1258
03-01-2006, 06:55 PM
Well I don't know about the heating up part but I was trying to do a burnout without line lock and my camaro is automatic. They hooked so amazingly well I can't get over it still haha. My camaro has a good amount of power under the hood too. I love them. I have heard a lot of mustang guys trying to use the Nitto's yet a lot of them seem to have to heat them up a lot like someone said to get traction. Those are more practical for a lot of street driving I believe. Not that you can't drive on the street with the BFGs but that's what I heard.

sr20de
03-02-2006, 01:10 PM
BFG's are a great drag radial. A guy I know was cutting consistent 1.9 60' times with his 300+ hp se-r.

RadialNova
03-02-2006, 01:42 PM
Mickey Thompson ET Street Drag Radials are a really really good radial tire. I use them on my Nova and cut Low 1.4 60fts and pick the front tires off the ground close to a foot in the air, My dad uses them on his 9second camaro and his 60fts range from 1.37-1.40. They wear fast, but they work excellent at the track. They are pretty good in the rain I just found out today as I was taking to my car to the alignment shop.

blewbyU
03-02-2006, 02:01 PM
nitto's last the longets with mickey thompsons don't, nitto's are good in the rain and depending on power i would go with that if you are making alot of power you want the bfg or mickey thompson

blewbyU
03-02-2006, 02:01 PM
one thing i do know is alot of the buick guys use the nitto.

BradC
03-02-2006, 02:10 PM
Isn't the fastest "street tire" RWD, both import AND domestic, passes on BFG radials? Efantis went somewhere in the 7's with em, can't be too bad!