PDA

View Full Version : Modern Muscle

Sgt Tunez
01-10-2011, 09:46 AM
With the exception of Mustangs, no one ever "spots" a new Camaro, Challenger, or Charger. Perhaps there are so many V6 versions of these cars, no one recognized when they see a true muscle car anymore.

Few muscle cars I have seen:

2010 Blacked out Camaro, loud exhaust, black rims on Roosevelt Blvd

2010 or 2011 Challenger, purple with black decals, on PA turnpike going towards Philly

I've seen a few Chargers that have been worthy of recognition, but the majority of the Chargers in this area are unfortunately a V6.

Also seen a few decent Mustangs, but being a Mopar guy, I could care less about them unless you have a Cobra or GT500.

Sublime1304
01-10-2011, 09:59 AM
I'm sure people take notice but no one really bothers to make a thread about it. I notice all modern muscle when I'm out

Erik@R/TTuning
01-10-2011, 10:26 AM
If I posted to the board everytime I saw one of those cars I alone would fill the spotted forum. :P

RedBowTies88
01-10-2011, 10:32 AM
x2,

those cars do have some potential... but really for the money there's much faster out there

Sgt Tunez
01-10-2011, 11:40 AM
I see an import more than I see a muscle car. I do see Mustangs more than anything, probably because they are both fast and affordable. The thing I don't like about SOME imports are the body styles. Much rather see a muscle car any day.

Sublime1304
01-10-2011, 12:32 PM
Can't say I've owned an import because I haven't and even though I like imports, I'll always love the modern muscle. You will always catch me at the dodge dealer if I'm looking for a new car

jpalamar
01-10-2011, 12:40 PM
I don't understand the point of this thread...

RedBowTies88
01-10-2011, 12:42 PM
i think the op is wondering why every **** box honda gets a spotted thread but no one ever says anything about so called "american muscle"

05GT
01-10-2011, 05:10 PM
I don't understand the point of this thread...

I don't understand the point of your post....

The OP clearly stated that he spotted several cars, which is what the Spotted section is for. He simply added a little more discussion to his spotted thread then most people do.

I don't see the harm in it.

Scapegoat
01-10-2011, 05:28 PM
OP is upset 2011 v6 mustang is faster than his car too so he's hatin' on the stangs

ferreeelz though... this is mainly an import board. I've gotten a couple spotted threads though

cravej
01-10-2011, 05:53 PM
Here is one that I spotted. This thing was just spinning tires and holding up traffic. :lol:
http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/8617/20101227081459117.jpg

i_ride_fieroGT
01-10-2011, 05:58 PM
There not getting played out but theres a lot of them out there now. I remember when the challenger first came out it was a rare commodity to see and was always a hear turner when you see it.. Now i see so many of them on the road i dont really look at them the same way. Sames happening with the Camaro, when they first came out dealerships couldent even get a hold of one. i know tom oats bought one from a buddy of mine at new car cost just to have one, A V6 at that. Now you cant pass a Chevy dealership without seeing 3 or 4 of them outside. and mustangs, Dont even get me started on them. There nice but there like dog sh*t there everywhere. Its sad because there really the only American muscle cars left in production..Even the GTO was a flop in my eyes. not saying it was a bad car cuz the thing was a straight up monster, But i dont think it lived up to its old name styling wize. the thing looked like a 2 door grand am on speed. When i think GTO i think of boxy big and mean. not like a sports coupe design.

the charger was another disappointment. Back in the chargers hay day that was one car not to be messed with. it was a 2 door machine that not many other cars out there for the price could hold a candle to performance wise. My dad had a 69 R/T back in the day and when he heard they were bringing the charger back it was like he almost became a kid inside again. than when he heard it was going to be a 4 door sedan you could tell he was disappointed. Than when he heard they were bringing the challenger back as dodges muscle car other the charger that was another disappointment. Back in the day the challenger was what you bought when you couldn't afford the charger. Now the charger has been knocked down a few pegs in the classic muscle car department and the challenger has taken its place... But i guess times are changing.

c0nfl1kt
01-10-2011, 06:11 PM
I see a LOT of Camaros out here in Bucks County. I wish I would see more decent foxes, though. The ones I do see have different color panels and are almost certainly hick machines.

Sublime1304
01-10-2011, 06:41 PM
There not getting played out but theres a lot of them out there now. I remember when the challenger first came out it was a rare commodity to see and was always a hear turner when you see it.. Now i see so many of them on the road i dont really look at them the same way. Sames happening with the Camaro, when they first came out dealerships couldent even get a hold of one. i know tom oats bought one from a buddy of mine at new car cost just to have one, A V6 at that. Now you cant pass a Chevy dealership without seeing 3 or 4 of them outside. and mustangs, Dont even get me started on them. There nice but there like dog sh*t there everywhere. Its sad because there really the only American muscle cars left in production..Even the GTO was a flop in my eyes. not saying it was a bad car cuz the thing was a straight up monster, But i dont think it lived up to its old name styling wize. the thing looked like a 2 door grand am on speed. When i think GTO i think of boxy big and mean. not like a sports coupe design.

the charger was another disappointment. Back in the chargers hay day that was one car not to be messed with. it was a 2 door machine that not many other cars out there for the price could hold a candle to performance wise. My dad had a 69 R/T back in the day and when he heard they were bringing the charger back it was like he almost became a kid inside again. than when he heard it was going to be a 4 door sedan you could tell he was disappointed. Than when he heard they were bringing the challenger back as dodges muscle car other the charger that was another disappointment. Back in the day the challenger was what you bought when you couldn't afford the charger. Now the charger has been knocked down a few pegs in the classic muscle car department and the challenger has taken its place... But i guess times are changing.

The chargers are not that bad. All because it has 2 more doors? Like you said, times are changing and what people wanted back then are different than what they want today.

i_ride_fieroGT
01-10-2011, 07:06 PM
The chargers are not that bad. All because it has 2 more doors? Like you said, times are changing and what people wanted back then are different than what they want today.

I'm not saying there bad. I'd love to own an R/T. but I'm just a little bummed out that they didn't bring back the charger under this new retro muscle car look over the challenger. The charger back in the day was a much superior car. But. back in the day the charger was also considered a full size car as well.

max2k1
01-10-2011, 11:22 PM
I honestly dont think that the new Chargers should even be called Chargers. Not saying that I dont like the car, cause I really do. I just think they should of named it something different. Cause there really is no style connection between the original Chargers and the new ones. Like when you see a new Challenger or Mustang. If you compare them to their 60's model. You can see where their style comes from. Its not like that for the Charger

How do you get this?
http://inlinethumb29.webshots.com/46748/2748371590080999692S500x500Q85.jpg

From this???
http://inlinethumb57.webshots.com/35064/2350866700080999692S425x425Q85.jpghttp://inlinethumb61.webshots.com/44732/2927835840080999692S425x425Q85.jpg

jspek
01-10-2011, 11:36 PM
aside from ken and sublime i dont know anyone with a domestic on here.

OutToWinPAHC
01-10-2011, 11:37 PM
Most of the time were spotting modified vehicles, most "modern muscle" cars on the road are stock. However here are some stock looking LS sleepers, Mopar year not so much.

Sublime1304
01-10-2011, 11:38 PM

There's a bunch

Sublime1304
01-10-2011, 11:41 PM
Most of the time were spotting modified vehicles, most "modern muscle" cars on the road are stock. However here are some stock looking LS sleepers, Mopar year not so much.

Modified mopars are becoming so popular. I go on a few charger and general LX forums and no two are alike

Sublime1304
01-10-2011, 11:45 PM
With the exception of Mustangs, no one ever "spots" a new Camaro, Challenger, or Charger. Perhaps there are so many V6 versions of these cars, no one recognized when they see a true muscle car anymore.

Few muscle cars I have seen:

2010 Blacked out Camaro, loud exhaust, black rims on Roosevelt Blvd

2010 or 2011 Challenger, purple with black decals, on PA turnpike going towards Philly

I've seen a few Chargers that have been worthy of recognition, but the majority of the Chargers in this area are unfortunately a V6.

Also seen a few decent Mustangs, but being a Mopar guy, I could care less about them unless you have a Cobra or GT500.

Tim, you started controversy talking about these cars again lol. I don't think most people here will appreciate American cars to be honest

Sublime1304
01-10-2011, 11:49 PM
I honestly dont think that the new Chargers should even be called Chargers. Not saying that I dont like the car, cause I really do. I just think they should of named it something different. Cause there really is no style connection between the original Chargers and the new ones. Like when you see a new Challenger or Mustang. If you compare them to their 60's model. You can see where their style comes from. Its not like that for the Charger

How do you get this?
http://inlinethumb29.webshots.com/46748/2748371590080999692S500x500Q85.jpg

From this???
http://inlinethumb57.webshots.com/35064/2350866700080999692S425x425Q85.jpghttp://inlinethumb61.webshots.com/44732/2927835840080999692S425x425Q85.jpg

I don't necessarily think cars that are made from a previous generation need to look like it. Plus, we have aftermarket companies specializing in retro styled products to bring some of it back. I'm in the processes of retro styling my tail lights, almost the way the factory shouldve done it. We need to understand how styles change between generations, it's never going to be the same

OutToWinPAHC
01-10-2011, 11:50 PM
Modified mopars are becoming so popular. I go on a few charger and general LX forums and no two are alike

Other then bolt on's no.... remember I have a 5.7 hemi.... selection is obsolete.

Sublime1304
01-10-2011, 11:52 PM
Other then bolt on's no.... remember I have a 5.7 hemi.... selection is obsolete.

Check out ChargerforumZ.com or LXForums.com. It's a huge community of the cars from stock to lightly modified to heavily modified

OutToWinPAHC
01-10-2011, 11:57 PM
Dude, honestly you have no idea.... I can order over 1000 grind of cams for the LS and over 100 heads for the LS, for this POS hemi.... like 8 cams and 3 sets of heads. The aftermarket support sucks.

ivory rx8
01-11-2011, 12:05 AM
The R/T chargers are underpowered for their price. I love the SRT8's though, they look so menacing in your rear view

05GT
01-11-2011, 12:25 AM

Gee thanks Chaz :(

jspek
01-11-2011, 12:36 AM
oh yeaaaaaaaa :p sorry i dont see you post much on here anymore haha

PunkboySL2
01-11-2011, 01:47 AM
I mostly only ever see stock chargers. I've seen plenty of modded newer stangs though.

Just to add to the discussion, I'm not so much a fan of newer bigger V8s because of how damn large/tall the back ends of the car are now. It's damn hard to see behind you while driving, not to mention backing them up or when pulling out from a weirdly angled intersection. I guess you'd get used to it pretty quick though, it's just one of those things that's always bothered me coming from only driving smaller cars.

i_ride_fieroGT
01-11-2011, 02:25 AM
There's a bunch

All mine aren't muscle cars but they are domestic.

liberta
01-11-2011, 04:16 AM
I drive a domestic, and I've gotten a few spots, but not nearly as many as I would if I were in a crazy modded import.

As said before, this is a mostly import community. Were open to everyone, but not everyone really wants to be in tst.

Logic behind a spotted thread is to find someone else on the forums. If you see a modded FD RX7 with NJ plates down a highway in PA, there's a lot better chance that he/she is on the forums than the guy with the Camaro with the "imports are like tampons" sticker that burns out at every light(extreme generalization). There are some exceptions, like scapegoat, or sean3, or any of the people with american muscle who aren't douchebags with blind hatred of anything not made in this country that has less than 8 cylinders.

Just saying, most people won't make the effort to try to find someone that obviously isn't on here.

xrturbo
01-11-2011, 07:58 AM
I think a lot of it falls on the type of mods done to the cars to make them look different from original form. The newer muscle cars you see out there aren't noticeably modded, most mods are under hood, under car and maybe a set of wheels (most which look like they could have been a stock option).
Most imports go the route of immediately lowering, stickers, lighting changes, changing accent colors, loudest muffler you can buy, tint, etc.....

jpalamar
01-11-2011, 09:27 AM
OP is upset 2011 v6 mustang is faster than his car too so he's hatin' on the stangs

ferreeelz though... this is mainly an import board. I've gotten a couple spotted threads though

I've been spotted once, with a PM... domestic apparently isn't worthy of their own thread :-)

Chargers are that bad. They under preform and are over priced. A G8 GT(not even counting the GXP) is WAAAYYYYY better.

I'm not saying there bad. I'd love to own an R/T. but I'm just a little bummed out that they didn't bring back the charger under this new retro muscle car look over the challenger. The charger back in the day was a much superior car. But. back in the day the charger was also considered a full size car as well.

I don't think it matter what they call the car. If my GTO was called something else, I would of still bought it just because I like the car itself.

Me, Me, Me!!!!

Sublime1304
01-11-2011, 10:00 AM
I drive a domestic, and I've gotten a few spots, but not nearly as many as I would if I were in a crazy modded import.

As said before, this is a mostly import community. Were open to everyone, but not everyone really wants to be in tst.

Logic behind a spotted thread is to find someone else on the forums. If you see a modded FD RX7 with NJ plates down a highway in PA, there's a lot better chance that he/she is on the forums than the guy with the Camaro with the "imports are like tampons" sticker that burns out at every light(extreme generalization). There are some exceptions, like scapegoat, or sean3, or any of the people with american muscle who aren't douchebags with blind hatred of anything not made in this country that has less than 8 cylinders.

Just saying, most people won't make the effort to try to find someone that obviously isn't on here.

Hey I'm not a douchebag. I love imports. My favorite car is an import

RedBowTies88
01-11-2011, 10:23 AM
i dont understand why people give a ****? if its fast or performs extremely well in one respect or another its cool. even if its a smart car with a busa motor. ide like to think most real motorheads would agree

OutToWinPAHC
01-11-2011, 11:01 AM

Sure you do they are called Toyota owners. Over 96% of parts and labor of USDM toyotas are made in the USA. Meanwhile.... Most "Domestic cars" are cast in Mexico, with parts from Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, China and France.

But on topic, I own two other vehicle, both domestic. And my motorcycle is domestic.

ScoobySTi
01-11-2011, 11:16 AM
I have one of each(Import and Domestic)..though I do probably consider myself more of a mustang guy. I'm a fan of all the different things people do to there cars, except the people that feel the need to red line there four bangers at midnight in Levittown...

Sgt Tunez
01-13-2011, 03:10 PM
Although I am a Mopar guy, I'd like a Subaru in my garage as well.