WRXD
02-20-2006, 04:50 PM
wohoo! now I just need my tax refund!

WRXD
02-20-2006, 05:44 PM
nobody wants to share my love

sesolcSTI
02-20-2006, 05:53 PM
YES! Im glad you took everyones advice and went for a rear sway with endlinks. You will be please, and thats a 100% guarantee! :thumbup:

WRXD
02-20-2006, 05:54 PM
the aftermarket swaybar is heavy! Is the stock one that heavy???

sesolcSTI
02-20-2006, 06:15 PM
Yes the aftermarket sway does have some weight to it. When i had my 03 wrx, I found out how heavy it REALLY is. I was positioning the sway bar under my car and thought it was being held up. I reached for a bolt and turned back and the bar fell and smashed me right in the forehead. Twas a sucky moment! Beware of swaybars trying to punch your face off! :eek: :mrgreen:

MuddyREX
02-20-2006, 06:41 PM
I reached for a bolt and turned back and the bar fell and smashed me right in the forehead.

I wish I could laugh, but I was smacked with a Perrin swaybar too.... :(

sesolcSTI
02-20-2006, 06:43 PM
I wish I could laugh, but I was smacked with a Perrin swaybar too.... :(

And boy does it suck! :rolleyes:

D Money
02-20-2006, 06:51 PM
nice parts bro. Now you just need to buy my sti seats to finish your wrx up!! lol

WRXD
02-21-2006, 12:05 AM
really?! Thanks for the donation!

1FastSTi
02-23-2006, 09:28 AM
Definately nice choices. I really need to start some suspension work on my car.

HuffRex
02-23-2006, 04:51 PM
Definately nice choices. I really need to start some suspension work on my car.
Same here...this will be my first year auto-xing. So I should tighten up my ride a little bit!

MuddyREX
02-23-2006, 05:39 PM
How big is the bar? I have an older style Perrin bar that is 3 way adjustable, but yours doesn't look like it is. I am also a little jealous because mine is black, and yours is red.

WRXD
02-23-2006, 06:02 PM
I believe it is a 22mm 3 way adjustable. Its pretty heavy...easily like 20-25lbs. The new style perrin peices are different that the old. They have a different mounting system (billet alluminum instead of the 'P' shaped old ones) and they are red instead of black.

dubrx
02-24-2006, 11:11 AM
Looking good man, nothin beats that first 90 degree corner with the new bar on, try to keep it under 70 :wink:

WRXD
02-24-2006, 01:08 PM
Looking good man, nothin beats that first 90 degree corner with the new bar on, try to keep it under 70 :wink:

yeah I keep hearing this...could someone give me an idea of what to expect as opposed to what it does with the stocker...im getting a little worried.

I know understeer will be decreased...but I have never really driven a RWD oversteering monster (other than my dads stock MR2, and I would hardly call that a monster)

dubrx
02-24-2006, 03:42 PM
yeah I keep hearing this...could someone give me an idea of what to expect as opposed to what it does with the stocker...im getting a little worried.

I know understeer will be decreased...but I have never really driven a RWD oversteering monster (other than my dads stock MR2, and I would hardly call that a monster)

You'll definately feel the car pushing through some turns instead of pulling. But no worries, you can always drop it down to the softer setting if the car is oversteering a bit to much for ya. Plus with the stock springs its not going to be that harsh.

WRXD
02-24-2006, 05:31 PM
You'll definately feel the car pushing through some turns instead of pulling. But no worries, you can always drop it down to the softer setting if the car is oversteering a bit to much for ya. Plus with the stock springs its not going to be that harsh.

im ordering my prodrive springs today, probably gonna install both at the same time

MuddyREX
02-24-2006, 07:12 PM
It will be a lot more neutral going through the twisties. If you are on the gas hard then jump off the throttle during a turn at speed, then get ready to catch it cause it's coming around. Lay back into the gas and you'll end up in a nice 4 wheel drift. No worries though, because you are AWD, so it's really easy to catch. And its fun, you'll love it.

TROLL
03-06-2006, 03:15 AM
a great addition to the wrx... also consider a performance oriented alignment, and tires if you dont already have them. those will give you all great improvement at a pretty low cost.
bryan