PDA

View Full Version : The "Stay away from this dealership" thread

AutobahnRacer
12-10-2010, 12:02 PM
Scott Honda

Has rude staff, nobody ever picks up their phones in service department, will not even look at your car unless you have an appointment. Over-crowded, not enough waiting room space, and expensive. Sales is so pushy and everybody runs up to you so that you buy a car. You tell them the one you want they don't have currently, they say they will call you and everything when one comes in, it never happens.

jpalamar
12-10-2010, 12:27 PM
Fred Beans in Limerick has a horrible service department. They can't diagnoise issues or even read TSBs(we got irritated after multipe trips down we ended up taping a post-it to the steeringwheel with the TSB number)... then once its eventually fixed, it isn't done right and the car is back in the shop anyway. Their sales staff also sucks. Went to look at a Solstice GXP they had, they wanted an extra $3000 over all the other local dealers because it was modded. I asked for $3000 over what other dealers would give me for my GTO since its modded and they said 'it isn't the same'. I walked out.

AutobahnRacer
12-10-2010, 12:40 PM
side note on Fred Beans, my friend told me about bad experience with them as well. Name and situation are unrelated (I hope) but when he was test driving a car, the rep with him kept farting in the car and thought it was funny. Very unprofessional, rude and disturbing.

OMG JDM
12-10-2010, 01:41 PM
got my s2k from scott honda couple months ago, horrible customer service after the sales.

420sx
12-10-2010, 01:44 PM
Not a dealership, but Raven Auto Parts/Junkyard aka Pipersville Auto Parts. NEVER been treated so poorly as a customer in my life.

Julie
12-10-2010, 01:54 PM
Fred Beans in Limerick has a horrible service department. They can't diagnoise issues or even read TSBs(we got irritated after multipe trips down we ended up taping a post-it to the steeringwheel with the TSB number)... then once its eventually fixed, it isn't done right and the car is back in the shop anyway. Their sales staff also sucks. Went to look at a Solstice GXP they had, they wanted an extra $3000 over all the other local dealers because it was modded. I asked for $3000 over what other dealers would give me for my GTO since its modded and they said 'it isn't the same'. I walked out.

You left out didn't put all the screw back in on my air intake, and also left dirty grease fingerprints all over the light gray intake as well.

Then there is the lack of cominucation after being told I would be called when parts came in since they were backordered, they never called and then replaced the parts and it didn't fix the issue so they had to order in more parts. 2 weeks later after involving GM corperate I got my car back in 2 days.

If they didn't have autorent who give me rentals big enough to fit the 3 car seats in for my job which other dealerships won't do I wouldn't even go there.

Scapegoat
12-10-2010, 02:05 PM
fred beans ford in dtown is awesome. dude let me test drive a 2011 gt after i told him i wasnt going to buy... just looking to drive one

jpalamar
12-10-2010, 02:08 PM
fred beans ford in dtown is awesome. dude let me test drive a 2011 gt after i told him i wasnt going to buy... just looking to drive one

Their Boyertown was was really nice to me about looking at new 5.0 as well. No wonder why I wanna ditch GM lol

DC2.2GSR
12-10-2010, 03:05 PM
Their Boyertown was was really nice to me about looking at new 5.0 as well. No wonder why I wanna ditch GM lol

I would never deal with any Beans dealership, especially Boyertown. The reasons are too many to list, and most of them are 'internal' from dealing with them through the shop where I work, but most recently I was disgusted to hear how a few people were treated at their new body shop. There have been at least 5 people who have come to us instead of Beans just in the last 2-3 weeks because of insanely high quotes, and all have similar stories about asshole-ish behavior from employees.

We had a guy come in and tell us that he just bought a $50k+ truck from them that day. He had a cap from his old truck that would work on the new truck so he asked how much to paint it to match the new truck. The body shop manager quoted him $1000. The guy explained that he just spent $50k that day, and asked if there was anything they could do on the price. The manager laughed at him and pointed around the new shop and said "Hey man, I've got a lot of overhead... new shop, can't you see?" The guy came to us and we sprayed it a perfect match to his truck for under $600... which is still a lot, but it's a large cap. Beans wanted an extra $400 just because they built a new shop. Someone should tell them about the cost of doing business...

JB'sLGT
12-10-2010, 04:00 PM
Maple Shade Mazda (both locations). The service manager at the actual MS Mazda is an incompetent, lying, a-hole. One of the techs there got into an accident with a family member's car while it was there for service. The service manager said a customer backed into the car and that customer would cover everything. This was a total lie.

It took the Turnersville location 3 times to fix a misfire and clogged cat. How much more obvious is it when the customer tells the tech the cat was glowing bright red and the cels come on 2 miles out of the stealership lot after being "repaired"?

abrok99
12-10-2010, 04:36 PM
anyone know anything about 'the auto group' in feasterville? i might be going to look at a car their tomorrow.

WRXD
12-10-2010, 08:26 PM
Colonial Hyundai in Downingtown--

salesmen don't know anything about the cars and make up and embellish features and horsepower. Guy tried telling me the 3.8 Genesis Coupe was 400hp.

They try and add 1-2K on top of MSRP (at least for the Genesis) while they have 10 of them sitting on the lot. Argued with me over what the base MSRP was until I literally had to take the guy out to the lot and show him the price on the sticker.

When I told them I wouldn't pay more than MSRP, the sales manager (I think his name was Jimmy?) told me that I was wasting his time and that I should leave...so I did.

We looked at Genesis coupes there twice and left both times.

ourbloodykisses
12-10-2010, 09:14 PM
why do you go to a dealership? you should only be there to get specific parts you cant find anywhere. thats it.

ThePrimerSuspect
12-10-2010, 09:33 PM
Never go to any dealership unless you know someone there personally. I've worked for a handful of dealers, including scumbag fred beans, they are all theives. I took my srt to barbera cause they had a ram I was interested in, they threw me an insane offer (less than 10k when the car was barely a year old and 6k miles on it) and wouldn't move on the price of the truck. But when I pulled up in my bosses escalade to grab parts salesmen were falling over one another to make me an offer on it.

OutToWinPAHC
12-10-2010, 10:12 PM
Mike Piazza Honda - The body shop - At the time my one week old Civic was backed into by the person across the streets visiting friend, they repair the quarter, but painted it the wrong color (No blue flake in the black), fixed it and It was orange peeled to high hell, detailed it a month later and could see the mask lines, they then offered to have someone else do a paint corrective detail.... I was without that car for about 20 days..... for a $700 ding.

AWDkid
12-10-2010, 10:13 PM
422 Auto Sales-Palmyra, PA

Slick 87
12-10-2010, 10:26 PM
After reading the thread title, my first thought was Scott Honda of W.C. sure enough, the first post was about them as well, I lol'd.

The only reason I bought my Accord from them was because it was the only 6 speed around, and I needed a car soon. The salesman was horrible and pushy and tried to finish all my sentences for me, etc. If any other dealer nearby had a v6 - 6 speed accord, I would have walked out.

ambitiousCK
12-10-2010, 10:34 PM
Autostar in Reading or their other location up rt. 61...........dont do it......dont ****ing do it....

DannyGSX
12-10-2010, 10:49 PM
KG Suzuki in NY. I didn't even bother going there because within the first 5 minutes of a phone call, speaking with 3 different employees, I could tell they were awful. Called about an Evo they had listed on cars.com(no pictures on the ad). The receptionist was pretty ghetto and impolite. I asked about the evo and she kept saying "what? what? we have an evo?" Not a good start.. she put me on with a sales rep, he was unsure about the car, talked to another guy and it felt like i was talking to a drug dealer and he was trying to be sly and sneaky.
I asked, "do you have the mitsubishi evo."
"The wha?"
"The mitsubishi.. lancer evolution..."
"uhhh.... yeah.. yeah we got it, you gonna come here?"
went on google and searching kg suzu..... and in one of the suggested searches is "KG Suzuki complaints" boy, there was a lot...

ezdrummer
12-12-2010, 12:07 PM
anyone know anything about 'the auto group' in feasterville? i might be going to look at a car their tomorrow.

i tint all of their cars that they get done...seems like decent guys, but then again, i never bought a car from there

OverBoostedEvo
12-13-2010, 10:24 AM
Autostar in Reading or their other location up rt. 61...........dont do it......dont ****ing do it....

got my evo from them... car was/is awesome. guy was straight forward about it being hit by a deer and it being fixed (fender and hood) headlight was still broken thou but worked... Told me they would get me a new headlight to replace the broken... yup.... never got it even thou i kept calling and calling and calling and then magically the location disappeared... but then again he ****ed up the paperwork and i got the car for 1500 less then we agreed on so i guess i won out on it in the end....

ezdrummer
12-21-2010, 09:04 PM
sadly, one bad experience is enough to turn away alot of people...