PDA

View Full Version : G60's SRR 06 wrx. Big white wheels!

Soon2bG60
11-26-2010, 03:14 PM
Bought this car in mid sept. From imports of lancaster county on manheim pike. Lets just say this is the last car I will buy from them. I wanted this car, And i knew it as soon as I saw it. The red just appealed to me so much. Didnt know much about the car before I bought it, Just knew a couple of the mods and knew it came from Maryland. shouldve known better. after driving the car alittle while, the check engine light came on as well as the cruise control light flashing. Beings the car had mods, it came with NO WARRENTY. - first mistake.
Bought a code reader, misfire in cylinder 1 and 3. EFFING sweet.
before I go any farther, The current mods include..

Montegi touqes
Turbo timer
STi top mount
Invidia cat back
Tein coilovers
STi sway and strut bars
K&N CAI
Exedy clutch, Pretty shot.
XS bov

Some pictures.. ( Iphone pictures.. )

http://i1038.photobucket.com/albums/a466/72nova1/subi/iphone021.jpg
http://i1038.photobucket.com/albums/a466/72nova1/subi/iphone052.png

props to CK for the next one.

http://i1038.photobucket.com/albums/a466/72nova1/subi/iphone054.png

Bought a AP.. Car started to run mega hot the next day, Knew something was wrong..

http://i1038.photobucket.com/albums/a466/72nova1/subi/iphone020.jpg

Starting to believe it was a headgasket..

Left a CVS in reading with a bunch of buddies to go to my second exeter sonic meet, and bang.. this happens..

http://i1038.photobucket.com/albums/a466/72nova1/subi/iphone044.jpg
http://i1038.photobucket.com/albums/a466/72nova1/subi/iphone046.jpg

Timing belt imploded, seised water pump and blew up.. Only my luck.. Remember, car has NO WARRENTY.. Oh and I still feel bad for spraying coolant all over the white 240 that was cruising behind me..
So after two months at protune in litiz, who did a amazing job. the car came back with a freshly rebuilt motor, new head assembly and a new clutch and many more..
2 weeks after that I get turbo death whine, by now im thinking "WTF" cars paid for in full, and i already wana sell it. Replaced with a stock turbo, for now, and I have my car running good :) for once. Sorry for the story it just wouldnt have felt right. Heres the car now..

http://i1038.photobucket.com/albums/a466/72nova1/subi/iphone206.jpg
http://i1038.photobucket.com/albums/a466/72nova1/subi/iphone208.jpg
http://i1038.photobucket.com/albums/a466/72nova1/subi/iphone224.jpg

Future plans include..
AMR T60R - supporting mods
AMR front mount
New rims, not sure what kind yet..

Soon2bG60
11-26-2010, 03:15 PM
Oh my working on resized pics now.. SORRY

TalonTsi97
11-26-2010, 03:30 PM
Wingless and red looks good to me.
Gold Sti BBS wheels would look great on this.
A shame to see all that happens, but buying from a dealer usually never works out with this kinda cars. Good luck the rest of the way.

Soon2bG60
11-26-2010, 03:38 PM
Yes I love the wingless. And I had thoughts of the Gold bbs but im not sure yet. I really wana get spacers and pull them out alittle but im not sure yet. A set of works would make me very happy. and yeah I dont think Ill ever buy a dealer car again. ever.

DownforceTom
11-26-2010, 03:54 PM
All's well that ends well. Looks good.

ambitiousCK
11-26-2010, 04:42 PM
As said i saw this in person, looks good but my god that pic i took is ****ty lol Tripod ftw! (talking about quality of my picture). If you ever want better pics of your car just hit me up

Soon2bG60
11-26-2010, 04:50 PM
I will do that ck! I still cant believe the car blew up, the week after that picture, i remember speaking with you about your subaru, which looks nasty! Again thanks for the pictures and i will hit you up for more!

ambitiousCK
11-26-2010, 04:55 PM
I will do that ck! I still cant believe the car blew up, the week after that picture, i remember speaking with you about your subaru, which looks nasty! Again thanks for the pictures and i will hit you up for more!

Really sucks about the motor, sorry if i over read it but what are you doing motor wise? OEM replacement? Building it? Never a problem man about the pics, id love to take some pics and for $30 i can do a big shoot of your car, PM if you want details. And thanks about the kind words towards the STi, its appreciated. :lol:

Soon2bG60
11-26-2010, 05:09 PM
The motor got built many with oem internals but got some small things like weisco rods and pistons and arp headstuds. Ill deffently be down for the shoot man thats not bad at all, been wantin some good pictures of it

ambitiousCK
11-26-2010, 05:23 PM
The motor got built many with oem internals but got some small things like weisco rods and pistons and arp headstuds. Ill deffently be down for the shoot man thats not bad at all, been wantin some good pictures of it

Yea i just read through your OP and i was like "****, he did say" lol Sounds like a pretty stout motor to me as you covered the basics needed in subi motors. What is/are your goal/plans for the car? And the shoot consists of a venue of your choice or one of my generic spots where i can get good pics (i.e. some scenery, good lighting ect.) 15-20 pics, and a flash drive with the unedited photos and the ones that i'll edit to whatever size you want, clean them up ect. I also read that your looking at doing the gold BBS's, +1 on that idea. Buy some spacers and ext. studs, BBS's, and it will sit very pretty IMO.

Soon2bG60
11-26-2010, 05:29 PM
Yeah i tried to get covered what i could on a tight budget, being 17 paying for this insurance sucks. I would love to find a pair of gold bbs right now but i need to find winter wheels an tires for now. Anybody know how accurate the acessport dyno ability is? Im guessing not very correct?

Soon2bG60
11-26-2010, 05:31 PM
As for goals, when i get my tax refund i plan on payin a years worth of insurance then getting a amr t60r or going with a blouch dom 3 i think. With all the supporting of course. And i want a front mount but its not needed yet.

ambitiousCK
11-26-2010, 05:37 PM
Sounds like a good plan, and dump the Cobb. Find a used Utec and use that, this is of course IMO but ive heard bad stories about the Cobb from AREA1320 and was advised against buying one.

Soon2bG60
11-26-2010, 05:41 PM
I might have to do that. Currently looking for a set of defis and a controller might order tonight and a tail 48mm wg but not sure how my car would like it being mainly stock.

ambitiousCK
11-26-2010, 06:27 PM
I might have to do that. Currently looking for a set of defis and a controller might order tonight and a tail 48mm wg but not sure how my car would like it being mainly stock.

You should do the red racer series gauges, thats what i have. Then no need for the Defi control link thing. Wait for a wastegate till you upgrade the turbo, no need to buy multiple items for the same thing.

xarchiex
11-26-2010, 06:32 PM
i feel your pain with the dealer thing.ive had problems with my sti that was after bought from a dealer.looks very nice though have always loved the red wrxs.

Soon2bG60
11-26-2010, 06:40 PM
Yes i love the red, and like i said, i dont think ill ever buy a dealer car. Such a pain, and i shouldve taken it to a garage and had it looked at but didnt. Pittyful cause i wasnt even beating the car when it blew, never really beat it period. and the red is great, dont see many red ones although people say they arent really rare

Soon2bG60
11-27-2010, 09:02 PM
Want car louder.. Any sugguestions? Might gut the cat and muffler

ambitiousCK
11-27-2010, 10:13 PM
Want car louder.. Any sugguestions? Might gut the cat and muffler

Catless DP will do it lol

Soon2bG60
11-27-2010, 10:50 PM
Cobb ? I hear good things about the helix

ambitiousCK
11-27-2010, 10:57 PM
Cobb ? I hear good things about the helix

Anything bellmouth IMO, im going Invidia V2

Soon2bG60
11-29-2010, 11:36 PM
Helix v3 and new hids ordered.

Anyone tell me what the white goo is in my oil hard line thats attached to the top mount? ( gota picture if needed )

Soon2bG60
11-30-2010, 02:32 PM
Anybody answer that above?

Soon2bG60
12-04-2010, 02:17 PM
Got downpipe on today. Came yesterday, car now pops and carrys on bad. Heel toe downshifts and it spits fire. Now need bbs stockers for winter! Anyone know what the white goo is on my oil hardline thats connected to the intercooler?

ambitiousCK
12-04-2010, 02:21 PM
Lol welcome to the backfiring squad...now GET TUNED!!! Cant help you with your goo problem lol

Soon2bG60
12-04-2010, 02:25 PM
Needs tune. Pretty bad. 93 octance in my royal purple makes me angry

RyanG
12-04-2010, 09:54 PM
The goo is just moisture in the crank case. Get a REAL air oil separator and it will go away. Also ditch the royal rurple if you enjoy having bearings in the motor

Soon2bG60
12-15-2010, 07:19 PM
So found a cheap greddy fmic. Debating if itll go good with the car or if its gona run like hell. Anyone got any advice here? I heard bad things of people putting frount mounts on stockish cars? Mines not exactly stock but kinda close,

Eclipse GSX 61
12-15-2010, 07:32 PM
So found a cheap greddy fmic. Debating if itll go good with the car or if its gona run like hell. Anyone got any advice here? I heard bad things of people putting frount mounts on stockish cars? Mines not exactly stock but kinda close,

I put a front mount on my mostly stock DSM and it wasn't really a problem. The head gasket did go like 7,000 miles later but I think that was because the car had 140,XXX miles. Obviously its not suggested but it worked out fine for me.

Qwibby
12-15-2010, 07:34 PM
I lived in lititz 4 years and never heard 1 good thing about that shop man. Good that you got things going ok.

ambitiousCK
12-15-2010, 11:27 PM

if theres no need for it wait to put ir on, i wish i would have. Also GET A TUNE ASAP. If you put the FMIC youll def need a tune, but you should be getting one soon either way so..........

Subie_sleeper
12-16-2010, 12:37 AM
Utec.
Call Area1320.
Make appointment for install & tune.
Fun drive over there.
INSTALL & TUNE.
REALLY fun drive home. :drag:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

92sileighty
12-16-2010, 12:45 AM
yea if i ever own a subaru the only place i'd ever go to is area1320. i've never heard a single bad thing about them big or small, and they do ridiculously amazing work. you won't be disappointed.

Subie_sleeper
12-16-2010, 01:07 AM
yea if i ever own a subaru the only place i'd ever go to is area1320. i've never heard a single bad thing about them big or small, and they do ridiculously amazing work. you won't be disappointed.

You remember the ride in the Baja, don't you!? :devil:

Soon2bG60
12-16-2010, 01:12 AM
Gona look into it tomorrow for sure. Gota look into a utec also

Subie_sleeper
12-16-2010, 01:29 AM
www.area1320.com has their services & labor rates as well as customers rides and testimonials.

www.TurboXS.com has all the info on their utec that you'll ever need. Don't pay attention to the pricing. They can be found DIRT cheap.

laser92dsm
12-16-2010, 01:40 AM
Not trying to thread jack but what makes accessport worse than utec, I searched but never got a straight answer.
I want to tune my wrx because the factory tune is horrible.

Subie_sleeper
12-16-2010, 01:57 AM
Not trying to thread jack but what makes accessport worse than utec, I searched but never got a straight answer.
I want to tune my wrx because the factory tune is horrible.

Utec & AP are for two different types of owners.
AP, IMHO is for a few bolt ons & a tune , then you're done.
Utec, in my experience, is
a) more capable of tuning with different combinations of bolt ons
b) able to switch between 5 programmable maps (93,e85,meth,race gas safe map etc) as well as valet & kill switch modes (at the push of a button)
c) doesn't require a tuner to pay out the ass for a "pro-tune" license.
d) as far as I know, doesn't have the tendency for untweaked OTS maps to pop motors like the AP does.

Honest_Bob
12-16-2010, 07:01 AM
if theres no need for it wait to put ir on, i wish i would have. Also GET A TUNE ASAP. If you put the FMIC youll def need a tune, but you should be getting one soon either way so..........

You dont need a tune for a FMIC ASAP. You may not get the full advantage of it until its tuned but its not gonna blow up without one.

ambitiousCK
12-16-2010, 08:21 AM
You dont need a tune for a FMIC ASAP. You may not get the full advantage of it until its tuned but its not gonna blow up without one.

i was talking more about him going catless than the front mount...ive had mine on for a few months and havent gotten tuned lol

Soon2bG60
02-21-2011, 02:57 PM
http://i54.tinypic.com/1821qs.jpg

http://i53.tinypic.com/1zz0r5u.jpg

Bought joe's Hp evo staggered 19x8/18x9 wheels and re did them yesterday along with new brakes and foglights.
Rears rub some, Need a fender roller. Anyone with one that can do it, or know a shop around ephrata, 17522, Let me know,!

qbcsvt
02-21-2011, 03:34 PM
Am I reading that right? 19x8 and 18x9 rims?

- amyn

qbcsvt
02-21-2011, 03:35 PM
Am I reading that right? 19x8 and 18x9 rims? Those rims do look great tho! Cant wait to put white rims on my car this winter :D

- amyn

Soon2bG60
02-21-2011, 06:31 PM
Yes staggered on AWD i know its not good. Guess it can give me a reason to upgrade driveline

CrazylilPunk
02-21-2011, 06:49 PM
Wheels look sick man, I am glad you are putting them to good use. you really turned them around quick!

Soon2bG60
02-21-2011, 07:23 PM
Hell yeah, wanted them and need them. You saw the rubber band for tires that were on it.

Got Insulin?
02-21-2011, 07:28 PM
If you're trying to destroy your drivetrain, you're on the right path. Staggered setups are not meant to be run on AWD no matter how cool they look.

evomike
02-21-2011, 07:33 PM
Remember this pics of your car on a flatbed? I see more of that in the future of this thread.

Subie_sleeper
02-21-2011, 07:40 PM
If you're trying to destroy your drivetrain, you're on the right path. Staggered setups are not meant to be run on AWD no matter how cool they look.

^^^^^^^ THIS !!!! ^^^^^^^

Straight from the service manager.

The maximum allowable difference in diameter between the front & rear tires is a quarter inch. More than that & you can kiss your center diff goodbye.....

As long as you're within the quarter inch you'll be fine.