PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know anything about 98 accord v6?

1fastrex
02-15-2006, 05:53 PM
My brother just picked up this accord v6 coupe, auto. Nice car but it has 155K miles on it, still ok for a honda motor but i hooked up my scanner to it and ran some codes, i pulled four p1739 manufactuer control transmission (don't know what that means) p300 multiple cylnder missfire becuase p305 and p301 are missfires on the 5th and 1st cylnder. Anyone know anything about that first code? or even if just changing out the spark plugs will be able to handle the missfire codes? Plus any general tips on this model car? thanks

LSHatch
02-15-2006, 08:05 PM
I'm not sure about the first code. But, the misfire code can be caused by a few things. Your easiest solution is to try the plugs first like you asked. They can throw a code if they are bad. Plug wires can throw the code too.

CHR!S
02-16-2006, 12:25 AM
I'm not sure about the first code. But, the misfire code can be caused by a few things. Your easiest solution is to try the plugs first like you asked. They can throw a code if they are bad. Plug wires can throw the code too.

if these things havent been replaced in a while that could do it. i would recommend replacing both the spark plugs and plug wires, and if there is still a problem get it checked out

bcspeed215
02-22-2006, 02:02 PM
usually on the accords the coils go bad not some much the spark plugs. can you feel the car misfiring? or do you just have a cel?

1fastrex
02-22-2006, 04:08 PM
it was actually that one plug wire was off the car i went back out and heard it arching so i found which one it was and just put it back haha now its ok

bcspeed215
02-22-2006, 09:51 PM
well thats a pretty cheep fix