PDA

View Full Version : Cobalts and G5's

Pages : [1] 2

Burnt2Death
10-29-2010, 08:14 PM
Figured I would start a thread to see if there was any other Chevy Cobalt and/or Pontiac G5 owners on the forums. Id like to get together for meets and shows. And just have an open discussion...

There is other forums for us balt drivers such as yourcobalt, cobalt forums, and cobaltss...

It would be great of you introduced yourself, where you were from, and what your car is. A pic or two would be great as well.

I go by Burnt2death on the forums. I am on YourCobalt, CobaltSS, and CobaltUniverse.. I like Cobalt Universe the best..

I actually won Ride of the Month for February 2011 on CobaltUniverse.net and I won Ride of the Month for August 2011 on YourCobalt.com ..

bigslowchevy
10-29-2010, 08:24 PM
Here's mine, I'm from doylestown, I have the lowest static cobalt out there, be jealous

http://i1045.photobucket.com/albums/b451/kingjay82/cd0f3dd7.jpg
http://i1045.photobucket.com/albums/b451/kingjay82/d893d1dd.jpg

Burnt2Death
10-29-2010, 09:04 PM
Love the stance. I just got my balt a lil under 2 months ago. Just got my B&G springs in the mail. Nice balt man...

Any others?

KustomZ03
10-30-2010, 04:19 PM
There's lots...just not many are regulars on here. You'll find alot more on css and gmsc

Burnt2Death
10-30-2010, 04:47 PM
Im on CSS and YC. Just figured I would try to find some on here as well.

KustomZ03
10-30-2010, 09:52 PM
sign up on the gm sport compact forums as well. Its a relatively new site, so numbers are low and actually allows you to get to know people. They set up alot of meets and stuff too.

Burnt2Death
10-30-2010, 10:30 PM
I will look into it then. Im really just looking for meets and to show some other balt love lol. Seams like everyone disappeared as soon as it got a lil chilly out. I rock a 08 sedan lt Just got it about 2 months ago!

SuperSlow764
10-31-2010, 01:32 PM
css.net is pointless. typically the biggest bunch of a-holes out there. There are a few people on the site that know what they are doing and talking about. Other than that it's thousands of teenagers talking **** and nutswinging.

Burnt2Death
10-31-2010, 03:39 PM
I like YC the best. Seams to be the best people on that forum. I agree with most of the css fact that most are dicks. People were talkin **** cause I drive a sedan and I didnt get a SS. I thought those forums were for all cobalt owners. lol

SuperSlow764
10-31-2010, 03:47 PM
The funny thing is most of them don't even do their own work or anything to their car but when asked how-to questions or somebody questions them they start freaking out or quote other people to try and make themselves look smart.

KustomZ03
11-01-2010, 03:45 PM
css.net is pointless. typically the biggest bunch of a-holes out there. There are a few people on the site that know what they are doing and talking about. Other than that it's thousands of teenagers talking **** and nutswinging.

Its the internet...99% of forums are like that. gmsportcompact.net is pretty much the best one out of the bunch. I just use forums to keep me busy at work.

SuperSlow764
11-01-2010, 10:11 PM
^^haha so true

SikneSS
11-03-2010, 07:18 AM
gmsportcompact.net is a great site, tons of information & good people, no bull sh!t.

Burnt2Death
11-04-2010, 08:01 AM
I am going to have to look at those forums then. I use yc and css

SuperSlow764
11-04-2010, 02:35 PM
I checked out gmsportcompact.net and you were right. It seems to be most of the knowledgable people from css.net and other places and less all the bull****. two thumbs up from me.

Burnt2Death
11-04-2010, 05:56 PM
I am checking it out now. Just signed up for it... So far not really impressed with it at all

SuperSlow764
11-04-2010, 09:48 PM
It looks really good. If you could filter all the bull**** from css.net it seems like you would get gmsportcompact.net

KustomZ03
11-04-2010, 11:01 PM
It looks really good. If you could filter all the bull**** from css.net it seems like you would get gmsportcompact.net

exactly...theres no stupid threads about dating and crap like that. Most of the css threads have NOTHING to do with cars.

SikneSS
11-08-2010, 12:38 PM
I checked out gmsportcompact.net and you were right. It seems to be most of the knowledgable people from css.net and other places and less all the bull****. two thumbs up from me.

good to hear you like it.... be sure to create an Intro thread and post pics of your car. :supz:

I am checking it out now. Just signed up for it... So far not really impressed with it at all

what don't you like about it?

bbrewbaker
11-08-2010, 05:12 PM
I'm on YC and CCF the most. CSS most of them are assess.
Another good one is G5Club.net. It's a small forum but the members are nice.

cookiemonster17
11-08-2010, 06:19 PM
Bigslowchevy....did you find those wheels on craigslist or on a saab forum...been lookin for some stockers for winter wheels

camopaint0707
11-09-2010, 12:04 AM
what do you mean lowest static cobalt?

evomike
11-09-2010, 12:05 AM
He means the lowest static cobalt.

camopaint0707
11-09-2010, 12:13 AM
yeah define that please

evomike
11-09-2010, 12:20 AM
No air

camopaint0707
11-09-2010, 12:30 AM
oh, I've seen much lower cobalts than that then

evomike
11-09-2010, 12:32 AM
Oh yeah let's see em and the suspension mod list.

camopaint0707
11-09-2010, 12:32 AM
lobalt, cut springs, ffdrift on cut springs as well-in fact his car scraped the ground that low, naturalnoobie aka jeff klein all lower

evomike
11-09-2010, 12:33 AM
Let's see em

camopaint0707
11-09-2010, 12:35 AM
i gave you there names you can find them if you don't believe me, not my concern

evomike
11-09-2010, 12:41 AM
So I looked and I don't see lower cars and I saw kit low when I looked at naturalnoobies car.

bigslowchevy
11-09-2010, 12:43 AM
I'd like to see them too, cause I scrape constantly, so show me pics bro, not doubting, actually yeah I am, cause I can't run bumpstops and my exhaust is a half inch off the ground, and I'd love to know their fender to ground height, cause I'm a steady 22.5 all day, and cookie monster, I got them off craigslust, but the cars gonna be traded in soon and I'm putting the stock wheels back on, if you're interested in them shoot me a pm

bigslowchevy
11-09-2010, 12:46 AM
And I have seen a couple of those cars on the forums, def not lower, if it means anything to you, I can't run a front splash shield, cause it ripped itself off, just a heads up

camopaint0707
11-09-2010, 01:00 AM
well ffdrift at one point on cut springs was so low the car was almost undriveable but it was as low as yours, and I just found out naturalnoobie is lower but he has air bags on his current setup

bigslowchevy
11-09-2010, 03:20 AM
natualnoobie is kit low, his car itself is not low, or wasnt, havent seen the air setup yet, and undriveable is a stupid term, i know people that wont drive their cars and theyre half as low as me, now that being said, my car is not what id consider slammed, lowest cobalt ive seen, but in the world of slammed cars, its no where close, just thought id get that out there

KustomZ03
11-09-2010, 09:13 AM
why anyone in their right mind would roll on cut springs is beyond me.

Burnt2Death
11-09-2010, 09:16 AM
I would never cut springs... I have a set of lowering springs that I am debating on installing before winter... Do it the right way or not at all imo...

cookiemonster17
11-09-2010, 09:33 AM
Bigslowchevys ride looks sick when you see the stance in person...for the price he did it for, it can't be beat

Burnt2Death
11-09-2010, 09:36 AM
Did he just cut the springs or drop it right? And I have never seen anyone's balt off of tristate so not sure how low it looks... I am usually on yc...

cookiemonster17
11-09-2010, 09:49 AM
Usually saw it at sonic or a car show....he just needs to work on that vinyl layin....seems to do somethin with it every time you see it

KustomZ03
11-09-2010, 10:02 AM
Bigslowchevys ride looks sick when you see the stance in person...for the price he did it for, it can't be beat

Cut springs are dangerous...kinda stupid to put your life in danger just for looks :bigeek:

Burnt2Death
11-09-2010, 10:07 AM
So when are all the balts gettin together for a meet? lol

And price doesnt mean anything if its unsafe and half ass.... I wish people would stop cutting springs and all the other short cuts. Do it right the first time and you will feel better about the quality of the work. Cut springs are both a back ache and a safety issue lol

BlackCobalt707
11-09-2010, 10:14 AM
its me bitches!!

SikneSS
11-09-2010, 10:28 AM
cut springs........ are fkn stupid and a ricer move. /discussion

if you're looking for "stance" do it right and get some coilovers or bags.

BlackCobalt707
11-09-2010, 10:38 AM
Burnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Burnt2Death
11-09-2010, 10:52 AM
cut springs........ are fkn stupid and a ricer move. /discussion

if you're looking for "stance" do it right and get some coilovers or bags.

Touche....

vdcoff
11-09-2010, 11:58 AM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs1145.snc4/148736_532840478387_213601783_31535729_194423_n.jp g
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs267.snc1/9421_520363382587_213601783_31209223_8279799_n.jpg

Burnt2Death
11-09-2010, 12:00 PM
There seams to be a bunch of balts in the area!! Lets get an end of season meet for the balts.... Come on guys...

Burnt2Death
11-09-2010, 12:22 PM
Nice and clean man... I like it. Are you on any of the balt forums. CSS or YC?

SikneSS
11-09-2010, 12:54 PM
i used to be on YC a lot when i first got my 06 LS back in spring of 06, my car was in their calender for 2007.... then in the spring of 07 i traded it in for a 06 SS/SC and sort of left YC behind for CSS where i've been a member for almost 4 years now. i've gotten quite annoyed with the childish b.s. on CSS and moved onto a much better forum.... gmsportcompact.net

i don't have my SS/SC anymore but i still hang out/talk with all the local Cobalt owners i've meet thru the years. i usually setup the Cobalt meets in Delaware.

Burnt2Death
11-09-2010, 01:27 PM
I am looking for more balt meets but everyone disappeared as soon as it got cold out lol. I am on YC alot. Most of the people on CSS were dicks and kind of ignorant so I am rarely on there. I go by Burnt2death on all the forums. I am on gmsportcompact too just never really got used to it. So you have a na ss now or no balt at all? lol

bigslowchevy
11-09-2010, 01:57 PM
So let me ask, why are cut springs so dangerous? Cause I've been on them for more than a year, and other than breaking axles, I have no problem, and the vinyl thing is a joke, as a heads up, so I really could care less how good it looks

KustomZ03
11-09-2010, 02:13 PM
So let me ask, why are cut springs so dangerous? Cause I've been on them for more than a year, and other than breaking axles, I have no problem, and the vinyl thing is a joke, as a heads up, so I really could care less how good it looks

Typically cut springs change the spring coefficient if the spring unless you are very careful while cutting and also distribute the load over fewer coils. You are doing nothing but damaging the rest of your suspension. Cutting them can also cause them to no sit right either...hit the wrong bump and your spring can flipping fly right out of your car.

http://craig.backfire.ca/pages/autos/cutting-springs

^read that it should give you all the info you need

Burnt2Death
11-09-2010, 02:17 PM
When springs are engineered, they are designed for a certain spring ratio for a given ride height. Cuttting springs mess up ur spring rate hence the reason for the harsh ride. Stock springs aren't designed to be cut, so therefore if you cut them you're reducing their ability to perform. And if you cut a spring in the middle, even if you weld it back together, I'm pretty sure it's going to be at least somewhat weakened. If you cut the stock springs to significantly lower the car (I'd say anything more than 1"), it will handle poorly. The spring rate will be increased when the spring is shortened, but not by much. Now you're expecting a soft spring to absorb the weight of the car in a shorter distance, which it wasn't designed to do. The suspension becomes more likely to hit the bump stops. Ive even seen springs bend and break where they were welded.

Good **** here... http://craig.backfire.ca/pages/autos/cutting-springs

SikneSS
11-09-2010, 02:21 PM
the perfect springs for Cobalts are Pedders.... yes they are "pricey" but they give the same drop as the Eibach Sportlines and out handle every spring on the market. i absoluely loved them when i had them on my Cobalt SS/SC.

I am looking for more balt meets but everyone disappeared as soon as it got cold out lol. I am on YC alot. Most of the people on CSS were dicks and kind of ignorant so I am rarely on there. I go by Burnt2death on all the forums. I am on gmsportcompact too just never really got used to it. So you have a na ss now or no balt at all? lol

what don't you like about GMSC?

i dont have a cobalt at all. but i still hangout/talk to all the local cobalt owners.

Burnt2Death
11-09-2010, 02:31 PM
Just never really got into the site. I just found out about it about 2 weeks ago and I havent really been on it too much yet. I didnt say I didnt like it. I just havent really got into that one yet. lol

Sucks ya dont have a balt anymore. Is there a bunch of balts down that way? I drive through DE a few times a month.

KustomZ03
11-09-2010, 02:40 PM
:-pthe perfect springs for Cobalts are Pedders.... yes they are "pricey" but they give the same drop as the Eibach Sportlines and out handle every spring on the market. i absoluely loved them when i had them on my Cobalt SS/SC.

what don't you like about GMSC?

i dont have a cobalt at all. but i still hangout/talk to all the local cobalt owners.

Your cobalt lives on in yellow form...we haz all your guts :lol:

things we have that used to be yours: rotors, exhaust, dp, header, he, pulley, injectors, headlights, intake, we even have your dang supercharger haha, had your old meth kit too but sold it to the arizona guy. Who needs ZZP or OTTP when you have Matt around :-p

KustomZ03
11-09-2010, 02:42 PM
Just never really got into the site. I just found out about it about 2 weeks ago and I havent really been on it too much yet. I didnt say I didnt like it. I just havent really got into that one yet. lol

Sucks ya dont have a balt anymore. Is there a bunch of balts down that way? I drive through DE a few times a month.

Theres about 7 or 8 of us around here. How far are you from DE?

Burnt2Death
11-09-2010, 03:14 PM
Im about 30-40 mins northwest. Straight up 202/100 north from Willmington.

cookiemonster17
11-09-2010, 03:24 PM
yea I know the vinyl is a joke...Im just messin about it..how much are legit coils for the cobalt

bigslowchevy
11-09-2010, 03:28 PM
Well, I had progress springs on my car, those are tge ones that are cut, still have my stocks, which will be going back on, strictly because I'm getting rid of the car, second the rear springs of my car are tack welded to the perch, so no popping out or anything, and if they made coils for cobalts that actually went low, I would have gotten them, I didn't cut the springs cause I'm a poor ricer, I did it because I don't like looking like I'm gonna take my car offroading, however, I do appreciate the answers to my question about the cons of spring cutting, perhaps had I read that I would have rethought this decision, but oh well, the past is the past, I'm still the lowest cobalt I've seen and that's fine with me

bigslowchevy
11-09-2010, 03:29 PM
Ok cookieminster, just wanted to make sure people don't take that shot serious, coils are usually 1000-1500 depending on which ones you get, none of which go low

SikneSS
11-09-2010, 03:35 PM

well it's a good informational site if you ever get into it.

actually it doesn't suck that i don't have the Cobalt anymore, haha! i'm so happy to have gotten rid of it.

i'm still going to be involved with the Cobalt scene as i'm sort of the local mechanic/know how guy.... i'm trying to pass on the torch to the locals.

:-p

Your cobalt lives on in yellow form...we haz all your guts :lol:

things we have that used to be yours: rotors, exhaust, dp, header, he, pulley, injectors, headlights, intake, we even have your dang supercharger haha, had your old meth kit too but sold it to the arizona guy. Who needs ZZP or OTTP when you have Matt around :-p

yea it lives on in yellow, black, red, white, blue, silver, & wagon form.... haha!!!!

y'all have gotten a lot of parts from me, i appreciate it.

Theres about 7 or 8 of us around here. How far are you from DE?

there's actually closer to 15, but only 7 or 8 are active on the forums. i have phone numbers to the others that aren't online or have dissappeared so once i get a dyno day completely planned the mass text message will be sent out to everyone.

Im about 30-40 mins northwest. Straight up 202/100 north from Willmington.

oh that's cool, you aren't that far from us.

SikneSS
11-09-2010, 03:36 PM
yea I know the vinyl is a joke...Im just messin about it..how much are legit coils for the cobalt

there are a few companies out there that make them.... the better ones are going to run around the $1200 range. but as the sayings go "you get want you pay for" & "you gotta pay to play"

SikneSS
11-09-2010, 03:39 PM
Ok cookieminster, just wanted to make sure people don't take that shot serious, coils are usually 1000-1500 depending on which ones you get, none of which go low

stance coilovers go really low.

we're talking about Cobalts/G5s..... not Hondas & Vdubs

KustomZ03
11-09-2010, 03:58 PM

a nice air ride set up would get you nice and low...the good systems are pricey though just save your pennies. What are you getting now that you are getting rid of the cobalt?

KustomZ03
11-09-2010, 04:01 PM
well it's a good informational site if you ever get into it.

actually it doesn't suck that i don't have the Cobalt anymore, haha! i'm so happy to have gotten rid of it.

i'm still going to be involved with the Cobalt scene as i'm sort of the local mechanic/know how guy.... i'm trying to pass on the torch to the locals.

yea it lives on in yellow, black, red, white, blue, silver, & wagon form.... haha!!!!

y'all have gotten a lot of parts from me, i appreciate it.

there's actually closer to 15, but only 7 or 8 are active on the forums. i have phone numbers to the others that aren't online or have dissappeared so once i get a dyno day completely planned the mass text message will be sent out to everyone.

oh that's cool, you aren't that far from us.

I can has said torch? :lol:

I remembered more people now that I posted that. We roll deep in da 302 :supz:

Burnt2Death
11-09-2010, 04:11 PM
Let me know if you guys ever meet up and Ill come from up here and go to a meet... My balt is mostly stock but I just got it 2 months ago. Exactly 2 months today actually. Mostly cosmetic however I do have lowering springs and a tsudo exhaust that I am waiting until Spring to install.

Not that many people up here that give 2 shiits about the balts or the cobalt scene. I roll by myself usually. Actually all the time. lol

KustomZ03
11-09-2010, 04:30 PM
We're actually meeting tonight lol at the BWW in Wilmington on limestone road

Burnt2Death
11-09-2010, 04:34 PM
There is a meet tonight right down the street from me tonight for all makes and I dont have the gas to get to that let alone Wilmington tonight... Is it all balts or what and when is the next one??

bigslowchevy
11-09-2010, 04:36 PM
Mk5 gti, that's what I'm looking for anyway, then I'll buy legit coils, not really an air fan, nothing against it, I just prefer static, it's a personal thing I guess, plus I'm tires of driving domestic garbage, been doing it for years, time to go import

Burnt2Death
11-09-2010, 04:38 PM
Why come onto the cobalt/g5 thread to trash talk your car?

KustomZ03
11-09-2010, 04:43 PM
There is a meet tonight right down the street from me tonight for all makes and I dont have the gas to get to that let alone Wilmington tonight... Is it all balts or what and when is the next one??

Mostly cobalts...or people who used to own them at least. Jump in the DE thread on css. We dont really plan meets per say...just all of the sudden someone in like yummmm lets get food an we go lol

Mk5 gti, that's what I'm looking for anyway, then I'll buy legit coils, not really an air fan, nothing against it, I just prefer static, it's a personal thing I guess, plus I'm tires of driving domestic garbage, been doing it for years, time to go import

I have a domestic and an import...helps balance out the car gods lol. I want a gti as a DD, but I dont have the monies for one.

SikneSS
11-09-2010, 04:58 PM

you'll be able to get really low in that. :supz:

Burnt2Death
11-09-2010, 05:04 PM
Mostly cobalts...or people who used to own them at least. Jump in the DE thread on css. We dont really plan meets per say...just all of the sudden someone in like yummmm lets get food an we go lol

Let me know when you guys are gettin together next time and Ill come down. Only a smoke ride away lol

SikneSS
11-09-2010, 05:17 PM
the next DE Cobalt meet will be a dyno day at a local performance shop, there are a couple places i'm calling around to get the rates & info on them.

Burnt2Death
11-09-2010, 05:24 PM
Def let me know... I would be happy to come to that. I wanna dyno and tune my balt before I do any major modifications so I can compare numbers...

SikneSS
11-09-2010, 05:57 PM
Def let me know... I would be happy to come to that. I wanna dyno and tune my balt before I do any major modifications so I can compare numbers...

dyno it bone stock... this will be your baseline
then add all your bolt-ons, dyno again
then contact Trifecta for a tune, install said tune, dyno again

Burnt2Death
11-09-2010, 06:01 PM
Thats the goal lol

bigslowchevy
11-09-2010, 09:23 PM
I trash talk my car because it's mine and I know it's garbage, and the majority of my cars have been domestics, so I know they're junk, ford and chevy, had both, plus I can do whatever I want cause I'm the man, it's pretty much that simple

bigslowchevy
11-09-2010, 09:27 PM
Why would you do any modifications to an lt cobalt?

Burnt2Death
11-09-2010, 09:39 PM
I can tune out my Lt because I can. I have seen quite a few Lt and Ls balts beat SS models. All depends on the mods and tuning. Plus I got the balt for next to nothing so no matter what I pretty much do to it the overall price will still be what the book value is.

You can say anything you want about your cars. I'm not a speech Nazi lol Sorry to hear you have had problems with your cars. I have only owned domestic. All GM and Mopar. Never had an issue and thoroughly enjoyed all my cars.

vdcoff
11-10-2010, 04:53 PM
my cobalts for sale if anyone is interested, pm me

Burnt2Death
11-10-2010, 04:56 PM
You parting anything out or just complete car for sale?

vdcoff
11-10-2010, 04:59 PM
You parting anything out or just complete car for sale?

my car sits on eibach sportlines but i'll sell you my stock ss/sc springs for 100 dollars

Burnt2Death
11-10-2010, 05:08 PM
I have springs I just havent installed them yet. What kind of drop would the ss springs give a lt anyway if any. I know someone else that might be interested.

vdcoff
11-10-2010, 05:26 PM
I have springs I just havent installed them yet. What kind of drop would the ss springs give a lt anyway if any. I know someone else that might be interested.

well they are for sale so let me know if your friend wants them, i also have poly motor and tranny mounts, not sure if they will fit an lt though

SikneSS
11-11-2010, 11:21 AM
my cobalts for sale if anyone is interested, pm me

there is a local guy on CSS that may be interested in your MSR wheels.... his screen name is tarheel*** something like that. check out the DE Thread on CSS and send him a PM, but i'll warn you know, i highly doubt he'll have the money, i just know he's interested. so it may be something to look into. good luck with your sale, i dumped my Cobalt last month. :supz:

mbeem546
11-11-2010, 10:42 PM
i have a black 07 ss/sc.. i dont have pictures though lol

Burnt2Death
11-11-2010, 11:38 PM
Post some pics when you get a chance man... Where ya from?

ROB517
11-12-2010, 12:39 PM
10 cobalt ss 2dr black stock from philly

KustomZ03
11-12-2010, 01:52 PM
looking to go wingless...if anyone sees a rally yellow trunk lid for sale or trade let me know. I know its a long shot to find one, but its worth a try.

Julie
11-12-2010, 02:27 PM
the next DE Cobalt meet will be a dyno day at a local performance shop, there are a couple places i'm calling around to get the rates & info on them.

Would an HHR SS be welcome to come along? I am looking to get a base line for it before starting mods. When were you looking on planning it for?

cookiemonster17
11-12-2010, 03:41 PM
do the older colbalt ss rims not work with the new cobalt ss rims that rob517 has...talked to a dude who selling his stock cobalt ss rims that he bought that he now needs to sell cause they won't fit on the new cobalt ss rims cause of the brembos...or does he just need spacers

SikneSS
11-12-2010, 04:55 PM
Would an HHR SS be welcome to come along? I am looking to get a base line for it before starting mods. When were you looking on planning it for?

oh of course....... i have an HHR SS now. :lol:

SikneSS
11-12-2010, 04:57 PM
do the older colbalt ss rims not work with the new cobalt ss rims that rob517 has...talked to a dude who selling his stock cobalt ss rims that he bought that he now needs to sell cause they won't fit on the new cobalt ss rims cause of the brembos...or does he just need spacers

05-07 cobalt ss supercharged 18" stock wheels will not clear the brembo brakes..... they will clear if you use a 5mm spacer.

KustomZ03
11-12-2010, 08:28 PM

yay your car will have a friend! :mrgreen:

Burnt2Death
11-12-2010, 09:27 PM
I like the HHR's. After all its the same platform as my baby!! Im tinting the wheels as we speak... Figured I would throw that out there. Ill post before and after pics...

Julie
11-13-2010, 08:01 AM

Awesome. :) I actually didn't read the signitures before posting obviously. :lol:

SikneSS
11-15-2010, 10:30 AM
Awesome. :) I actually didn't read the signitures before posting obviously. :lol:

your good.... your post actually reminded me that i needed to change my information on here, haha!

09civicsisedan
11-17-2010, 01:47 PM
I still have my SS Turbo, but it's basically sold!

Burnt2Death
11-17-2010, 02:20 PM
I still have my SS Turbo, but it's basically sold!

Any parts laying around you are looking to part with?

KustomZ03
11-17-2010, 03:27 PM
^hes got a fs thread on CSS...look for the user name wantedsstc or something close to that

I got his arm rest and tails...good guy with good parts

Burnt2Death
11-17-2010, 04:16 PM
^hes got a fs thread on CSS...look for the user name wantedsstc or something close to that

I just sent him a PM on CSS. Thanks man!

09civicsisedan
11-17-2010, 04:24 PM

Awww, thanks! :mrgreen:
I just sent him a PM on CSS. Thanks man!

WOman! :wink:

KustomZ03
11-17-2010, 04:45 PM
Awww, thanks! :mrgreen:

WOman! :wink:

^this haha :cool:

Burnt2Death
12-19-2010, 10:23 PM
I saw a female driving a blacked out Cobalt SS with pink painted brakes going down High Street today in Sanatoga/Pottstown area. Anyone on here by chance??

On another note I took a few more photos of my balt. Here ya go guys...
http://i955.photobucket.com/albums/ae33/JonGeoreno/Photos%20of%20my%20car/bnwcobalt.jpg
http://i955.photobucket.com/albums/ae33/JonGeoreno/Photos%20of%20my%20car/cobaltedited.jpg
http://i955.photobucket.com/albums/ae33/JonGeoreno/Photos%20of%20my%20car/cobaltbnw.jpg

And just so you know there is going to be a MASSIVE Spring time meet and car run. Here is a link to the info on that through YourCobalt... http://www.yourcobalt.com/forums/chevy-cobalt-owners-lounge/23889-information-thread-big-spring-meet.html Hit me up if you want to go.... I am taking the drive...

Also on another note I am installing my springs and cai right after Xmas. I decided to say the hell with it and not wait for Spring to hit. I wanna have some things done before the meet I mentioned...

Mr.MastashaKe
12-20-2010, 04:18 AM
WHOA WHOA!!! There's cobalts drivin round in Pennsylvania!?!?!?Feels like I'm gettin hustled like I'm watchin that slap chop commercial! lol( Which I'm watchin now lol )
I used to stay in Allentown an still got fam up out there so im in an out of Allentown, philly,reading **** like that... all tha time. Haven't had my cobalt up there yet, but wherenever I move out to the Eastcoast I'll be in an out all the time. Where yall suckas aat??

SuperSlow764
12-20-2010, 03:33 PM
There are def. plenty of us cobalt fools out here.

jpalamar
12-20-2010, 05:11 PM
I saw a female driving a blacked out Cobalt SS with pink painted brakes going down High Street today in Sanatoga/Pottstown area. Anyone on here by chance??

And just so you know there is going to be a MASSIVE Spring time meet and car run. Here is a link to the info on that through YourCobalt... http://www.yourcobalt.com/forums/chevy-cobalt-owners-lounge/23889-information-thread-big-spring-meet.html Hit me up if you want to go.... I am taking the drive...

Also on another note I am installing my springs and cai right after Xmas. I decided to say the hell with it and not wait for Spring to hit. I wanna have some things done before the meet I mentioned...

I saw that Colbalt at a show in Lancaster over the summer. If its the one I'm thinking of, it rattle canned on the interior and engine bay too(doesn't like like it was prep'd at all though).

As far as that Dragon run thing, that road looks amazing and I'd be down for a weekend trip without a meet. I should have my suspension overhaul done by March along with some nice tires. Too bad I don't have a Cobalt or I'd probally head down with you guys lol

vdcoff
12-20-2010, 06:21 PM
anyone want my turbo tech racing poly engine and tranny mounts for a supercharged and turbocharged balt?

Mr.MastashaKe
12-20-2010, 11:26 PM
anyone want my turbo tech racing poly engine and tranny mounts for a supercharged and turbocharged balt?

you....have a subaru... but how much? :mrgreen:

vdcoff
12-20-2010, 11:46 PM
you....have a subaru... but how much? :mrgreen:

yea i had a cobalt ss/sc

they are brand new never installed, turbo tech racing upper engine mount, and turbo tech racing transmission mounts, both have poly bushings, 300 dollars, just trying to get most of my money back.

let me know if your interested

SikneSS
12-21-2010, 10:09 AM

we (gmsportcompact.net) had a huge meet down there back in October..... was an absolute blast! we're making it a yearly meet/event.

As far as that Dragon run thing, that road looks amazing and I'd be down for a weekend trip without a meet. I should have my suspension overhaul done by March along with some nice tires. Too bad I don't have a Cobalt or I'd probally head down with you guys lol

it's truly amazing.... it looks great and all online and in pictures, but when you experience it first hand..... :mrgreen:

when we were down there back in October there was suppose to be a LS1GTO.com meet going on.... really didn't see any down there tho.

yea i had a cobalt ss/sc

they are brand new never installed, turbo tech racing upper engine mount, and turbo tech racing transmission mounts, both have poly bushings, 300 dollars, just trying to get most of my money back.

let me know if your interested

congrats on dumping the Cobalt for a Subie..... you're like the 100th person that has done this, haha!

as for those mounts..... good luck selling them, they suck in my opinion. try selling them on cobaltss.net tho, someone will scoop them up.... but you're gonna have to take a hit on the price.

The01Cav
12-21-2010, 02:39 PM
as for those mounts..... good luck selling them, they suck in my opinion. try selling them on cobaltss.net tho, someone will scoop them up.... but you're gonna have to take a hit on the price.

Matt not trying to be a ass, but was that really needed to call out something that he was selling?

SikneSS
12-21-2010, 02:53 PM
Matt not trying to be a ass, but was that really needed to call out something that he was selling?

i'm just speaking from personal experience Larry..... when i had them on my old Cobalt, the entire dash rattled the entire time the car was running. i wished him luck on the sale and gave him advice on where to post them for sale..... i'm not going to jump into his for sale thread on a Cobalt forum and say they suck because i understand the guy is trying to sell something he no longer needs.... been there, done that.

i'm not mad at you.... just saying.

SuperSlow764
12-21-2010, 04:07 PM
i have the ttr engine and poly trans mounts. Is there vibes? of course but i wouldn't say it is that bad. I am very happy with how they are performing for me.

KustomZ03
12-21-2010, 04:49 PM
Its a cobalt it rattles reguardless :lol:

Mr.MastashaKe
12-21-2010, 07:13 PM

:jawdrop: Yea now I'm def not buyin em......

lol plus I'm broke :(

And on the TurboTech site, you can get em both for cheaper than that shipped... and they're on sale... jus sayin..:wiggle:

Burnt2Death
12-21-2010, 07:16 PM
If anyone is interested on taking the drive for the big meet at the Tail of the Dragon hit me up... Its still a few months away.

Any Cobalts or G5 owners tryin to get a winter meet going? Hell any makes and models at this point... I am thinking a BBQ and firepit along with alcohol. Ill get everything if people are actually interested in showing up...

Is anyone from the Pottstown area on here with a Cobalt by chance? I am starting to see more and more modded ones right here in my backyard pretty much but no one is social or talkative. Figured I would see if any of you are on here....

And I am glad this forum has taken off a little. There wasnt a place for us guys so I figured I would start this thread. Looks like it has a few followers atleast. lol

Burnt2Death
12-21-2010, 07:17 PM

That is too true. lol My car didnt a month ago and now my exhaust even gets the interior rattling when I am warming the car up.

Mr.MastashaKe
12-21-2010, 07:22 PM
I might hit it up, it's a nice lil drive but I think it'll be fun :)

SikneSS
12-22-2010, 09:40 AM
i have the ttr engine and poly trans mounts. Is there vibes? of course but i wouldn't say it is that bad. I am very happy with how they are performing for me.

do they stop the engine and everything from moving...... yes

but do they properly align your axles to correctly prevent wheel hop..... no

sad but true.

:jawdrop: Yea now I'm def not buyin em......

lol plus I'm broke :(

And on the TurboTech site, you can get em both for cheaper than that shipped... and they're on sale... jus sayin..:wiggle:

ok.... the fanboi in my will come out for this..... go with the Powell Race Shop stage 2 rotated tranny mounts. they'll properly align your axles and you won't have any vibrations.

also.... if you're not aware of the site, join gmsportcompact.net, a lot of really good information can be found over there along with a lot of cool/knowledgable people.

:wiggle:

SuperSlow764
12-22-2010, 03:40 PM
the alignment of the axles isn't what causes wheel hop. I'm not saying that my mounts do align the axles. All of the "rotated mounts" basically preload the engine and tranny as to combat twist under hard acceleration. They do align the axles which will def. prolong axle life. If GM were to have had the axles correctly aligned from the factory with the same factory mounts everybody would still get crazy wheel hop.

Burnt2Death
12-25-2010, 01:54 AM
Merry Christmas everyone. From my Balt to yours! Have fun and stay safe out there...

vdcoff
12-25-2010, 12:24 PM
http://www.turbotechracing.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=5278&idcategory= - $279.00
http://www.turbotechracing.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=4933&idcategory= - $189.00

so I ask...how is this cheaper than my 300 dollar asking price? You say you can get them both for under 300 shipped? I don't think so.

riko540
12-25-2010, 06:44 PM
Merry Christmas everyone. From my Balt to yours! Have fun and stay safe out there...

same to you.

Mr.MastashaKe
12-25-2010, 11:56 PM
http://www.turbotechracing.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=5278&idcategory= - $279.00
http://www.turbotechracing.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=4933&idcategory= - $189.00

so I ask...how is this cheaper than my 300 dollar asking price? You say you can get them both for under 300 shipped? I don't think so.

I might be mistaken...
but I doubt it...

I got a quote from the Turbotech vendor on Css.net for $275 shipped.. brand new with whatever color I want.. on 2 seperate occasions, 1 was a week ago, I jus decided to do other things first..

Not knockin you man, an it's not like I caked him up first, but I'm jus sayin...

Im waitin to get tuned b4 I throw on some mounts anyway man...

GLWS tho :thumbup:

Burnt2Death
12-27-2010, 02:18 AM
Just wanted to throw out there a new forum that just started up for us Cobalt and G5 guys... Check it out. It is only 3 days old so have patience with it. It will get bigger if we get more members so please send a link to you friends and share the word as well... http://s4.zetaboards.com/Cobalt_Universe/index/

Also I am going to be hosting a large Cobalt meet in June. Most likely at French Creek State Park. There will be a BBQ, cruise, meet, swapping, possible vendors, judged car show with awards, etc... I will post a thread later as everything gets set in stone.

SikneSS
12-27-2010, 10:05 AM

Nick.......... you didn't specify that the tranny mounts you have were TTR's "stop" mounts.... which absolutely suck because of the poly bushing, but i'm sure you can find someone to sell them too.

there's absolutely NO need for an engine mount when you have rotated tranny mounts, so it'll be hard for you to sell that, unless you find someone who doesn't know any better....

but like i said, make a FS thread on CSS.net or even chevycobaltforum.com, someone will buy them. $300 shipped isn't bad at all, now that you specified the tranny mounts. GLWS.

chevysssc
12-27-2010, 10:37 AM
here is mine http://www.cobaltss.net/forums/featured-car-showcase-74/chevysssc-july-cotm-submission-217735/

SikneSS
12-27-2010, 10:42 AM
here is mine http://www.cobaltss.net/forums/featured-car-showcase-74/chevysssc-july-cotm-submission-217735/

hey what up man....... you're on GMSC also, right?

<----- rallycobalt06 on all the other sites.

chevysssc
12-27-2010, 11:15 AM
figured it was you the koolaid man was a dead give away!

SikneSS
12-27-2010, 11:57 AM
hahaha!!!!!

Burnt2Death
12-28-2010, 08:20 PM
Check it out guys!!! http://s4.zetaboards.com/Cobalt_Universe/index/

rickhigginshtbr
12-29-2010, 09:43 PM
hey uh... if any of you local guys ever part with a s/c set up to go turbo, let me know ;)

coreycooper
12-30-2010, 12:47 AM
do i get to be on here now that i have an SS

SikneSS
12-30-2010, 09:38 AM
hey uh... if any of you local guys ever part with a s/c set up to go turbo, let me know ;)

definitely check cobaltss.net

seems like there is always someone doing a turbo swap..... i actually know a guy right now that's selling his friend's s/c setup for him. go to that site and search the screen name....... USMCFieldMP

rickhigginshtbr
12-30-2010, 08:29 PM
Will do! Think only 1 or 2 ecotec n-bodies have swapped in the LSJ S/C setup yet... should be fun to tune.

chevysssc
12-31-2010, 11:35 AM
if ur lookin for a supercharger one of my friends are sellin one

Burnt2Death
12-31-2010, 04:10 PM
if ur lookin for a supercharger one of my friends are sellin one

How much... ?

And check out Cobalt Universe... http://s4.zetaboards.com/Cobalt_Universe/index/
New forums looking for new members..

coreycooper
01-07-2011, 02:16 PM
Does anybody here have an automatic with a STAGE tune? (GMPP Turbo Upgrade)

Burnt2Death
01-07-2011, 02:35 PM
Just finally lowered my balt yesterday!!

No I dont have a tune at all man..

Mr.MastashaKe
01-10-2011, 11:12 AM
****, hows the ride up there on springs?? I hateddrvivin round out there with a stock height lol
Im bout to cop these ark springs when i gets paid

SikneSS
01-10-2011, 11:16 AM

there's only a few of us HHR SS owners on here. i'm manual but what's your questions? maybe i can help.

Just finally lowered my balt yesterday!!

No I dont have a tune at all man..

he's talking about the automatic HHR SS..... he should of been more specific in his post.

****, hows the ride up there on springs?? I hateddrvivin round out there with a stock height lol

do yourself and get the Pedders. nice drop & excellent handling. best springs on the market.

Burnt2Death
01-10-2011, 05:25 PM

Bought the springs for $75 off of craigslist. Took about 3 hours for install time dicking around. I love the ride. Sits better and handles better. NO complaints at all.

Burnt2Death
01-12-2011, 02:24 PM
http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=108685

jpalamar
01-12-2011, 02:44 PM

I test drove and auto Solstice GXP that had it. It was silky smooth.

I think Julie's plan is to just buy a 3 bar map and let me tune it... after the 3/36 warranty is expired.

coreycooper
01-16-2011, 11:52 PM
I test drove and auto Solstice GXP that had it. It was silky smooth.

I think Julie's plan is to just buy a 3 bar map and let me tune it... after the 3/36 warranty is expired.

that was my plan aswell... but theres no way to adjust the tune for the 3bar you have to changer the OS, if you can find one in the repository then your good.. but thats where im screwed

coreycooper
01-16-2011, 11:53 PM
Bought the springs for $75 off of craigslist. Took about 3 hours for install time dicking around. I love the ride. Sits better and handles better. NO complaints at all.

piks?

Burnt2Death
01-17-2011, 11:53 AM
piks?

Didnt take many since the car is filthy lol. More to come eventually. It also settled a little lower. Should look better with the 18's on it. 2 inches front 2 and a half rear.

http://i955.photobucket.com/albums/ae33/JonGeoreno/Mod%20photos/loweringsprings040.jpg

http://i955.photobucket.com/albums/ae33/JonGeoreno/Mod%20photos/loweringsprings004.jpg

http://i955.photobucket.com/albums/ae33/JonGeoreno/Mod%20photos/loweringsprings012.jpg

Burnt2Death
01-18-2011, 11:24 AM
Bomex Drifter body kit for sale. Only the rear and sides. I am using the front. For a coupe. No major damage. Asking $200 cash for the 3 pieces.. Will make a for sale thread as well.

06SS/SC ALL DAY
01-20-2011, 10:14 PM
i have the fastest lsj in philly :) challengers accepted

SleeperGoat
01-20-2011, 11:45 PM
I'll take that I'll meet ya on 61st tomorrow night lol.

06SS/SC ALL DAY
01-21-2011, 12:31 AM
lol aight, what mods do you have on your balt?

SleeperGoat
01-21-2011, 01:35 AM
I'm just messing no Balt here plus there's suppose to be half a foot of snow on the ground tomorrow that's why I lol'd.

06SS/SC ALL DAY
01-21-2011, 01:57 AM
its ok my license is suspended till june 11th for highway racing haha

SikneSS
01-21-2011, 09:41 AM
i have the fastest lsj in philly :) challengers accepted

cool story bro

KustomZ03
01-21-2011, 11:17 AM
cool story bro

:lol:

SuperSlow764
01-21-2011, 04:38 PM
tim when you get your license back we'll go to the drag strip and see who runs quicker.

The01Cav
01-21-2011, 05:01 PM

Thats the coolest thing i've ever heard bro mad props...........

06SS/SC ALL DAY
01-21-2011, 06:15 PM
tim when you get your license back we'll go to the drag strip and see who runs quicker.

drag strip as in 95 south bound. you got it bud haha

06SS/SC ALL DAY
01-21-2011, 06:16 PM
Thats the coolest thing i've ever heard bro mad props...........

im glad you think its cool. i think the whale tail on the back of your g6 is just as cool as my shopping cart handle on the back of my cobalt. so were both cool together!

SleeperGoat
01-21-2011, 06:49 PM
I don't get why you would risk getting caught again, i'm not sure if this is your first offense or 2nd but there is a 3 strikes your out policy an thats coming from someone with strike 2 already. With being in philly its probably worse that judge wanted to come down off her seat an hit me my lawyer was scared he was gonna get it after me.

The01Cav
01-22-2011, 12:27 AM
im glad you think its cool. i think the whale tail on the back of your g6 is just as cool as my shopping cart handle on the back of my cobalt. so were both cool together!

Yeah it's ashame I don't have a whale tail and yet I still have my license..... :banned:

jpalamar
01-23-2011, 10:10 AM
I don't get why you would risk getting caught again,

Short end of the gene pool.

rickhigginshtbr
01-30-2011, 11:21 AM
speaking of whale tails... who's G6 was for sale at O'Niel's Buick? Tinted, ebay tails, cf hood, badly painted calipers...

The01Cav
01-30-2011, 02:44 PM
pics of said monstrosity?

tarheel62592
03-01-2011, 01:38 AM
hello, im new to tristate tuners, gotta cobalt ss/sc. Im on Css.net and gmsc so i kno a couple people on here. Just thought id say whatsup

Burnt2Death
03-01-2011, 02:44 AM
hello, im new to tristate tuners, gotta cobalt ss/sc. Im on Css.net and gmsc so i kno a couple people on here. Just thought id say whatsup

Whats going on man.

tarheel62592
03-01-2011, 10:03 AM
not much, just looking for some parts. Thinking about piecing together a small system

Burnt2Death
03-01-2011, 11:08 AM
not much, just looking for some parts. Thinking about piecing together a small system

What kind of parts are you looking for? Are you the guy I was just talking to yesterday about the head unit? He was from Wilmington as well.

tarheel62592
03-01-2011, 11:12 AM
lol well hey man whatsup? haha i should be able to get it today! my car is in the shop for the bypass valve but i think im gonna get a ride up there

Burnt2Death
03-01-2011, 11:14 AM
You got my number so hit me up.. Throw a text this way. Let me know about an hour in advance so I can take the radio and wiring out for you. Also if you can man check out this Cobalt only forum.. Tell em "Roasted" sent ya... www.Cobaltuniverse.net

tarheel62592
03-01-2011, 11:18 AM
Aight no problem, im checking it out right now. Is it new? never heard of it

Burnt2Death
03-01-2011, 11:20 AM
Started Xmas day actually. The creator of YourCobalt started it up.. Its a pretty cool place that has just about everything and anything cobalt or non car related....

tarheel62592
03-01-2011, 11:25 AM
are you CSS.net?

Burnt2Death
03-01-2011, 11:28 AM
Not much.. I dont have a SS lol.. I just go on to see whats for sale and I look for local meets.

tarheel62592
03-01-2011, 11:32 AM
well yea, but you said you were gonna supercharge it soon so i didnt know.

cookiemonster17
03-01-2011, 11:35 AM
speaking of whale tails... who's G6 was for sale at O'Niel's Buick? Tinted, ebay tails, cf hood, badly painted calipers...

dam is it gone?

was it a monstrous carbon fiber hood? i know there was a kid sellin his car hood on CL but it was the fugly hood...same area too

SikneSS
03-01-2011, 11:36 AM
holy crap........ Pat joined another site, congrats.

Not much.. I dont have a SS lol.. I just go on to see whats for sale and I look for local meets.

you don't need a SS model to be on CSS.net.

just saying.

tarheel62592
03-01-2011, 11:44 AM
lol yea, i figured i should join this because its like local and everyones always talking about it

SikneSS
03-01-2011, 11:47 AM
this is an ok site...... not a whole lot of Cobalt love on here. but y'all do have your own thread, haha!

tarheel62592
03-01-2011, 11:50 AM
Yea, i kno...im still on the search for that subie haha

SikneSS
03-01-2011, 12:02 PM
Yea, i kno...im still on the search for that subie haha

what you mean?

tarheel62592
03-01-2011, 12:05 PM
My friend on here had a subie, and ever since i have just wanted one so bad...and im dying for AWD, so im always looking

Burnt2Death
03-01-2011, 12:14 PM
No real Balt love on here.. I created this thread for us lol. I am usually the only one usually at the meets though.

tarheel62592
03-01-2011, 12:16 PM
well its times to step up the Balt game on here...gotta get the name out, let people know where arent screwing around haha

Burnt2Death
03-01-2011, 12:17 PM
Most people honestly dont care lol. I show up at a meet or two and get asked "Why did you get that and whats the point in modding it?" all the time lmao

tarheel62592
03-01-2011, 12:20 PM
haha thats rude...yea people dont give the SS enough credit, but your bout to be SC soo youll be sleeper, than you just prove why you got and why you modded it

SikneSS
03-01-2011, 12:22 PM
My friend on here had a subie, and ever since i have just wanted one so bad...and im dying for AWD, so im always looking

you'll still get smoked by my wagon.

haha!

tarheel62592
03-01-2011, 12:24 PM
nahhhh man, if i get a WRX...not a chance in hell haha atleast by the time im done with it

Burnt2Death
03-01-2011, 12:26 PM
My sedan will be a nice sleeper lol. No one will think twice about it lmao

SikneSS
03-01-2011, 12:34 PM
nahhhh man, if i get a WRX...not a chance in hell haha atleast by the time im done with it

you're gonna have to go BIG turbo, built engine/tranny/drivetrain...... lots of money man.

you'll get me from a dig.... but i'll catch you easily.

from a roll..... you're dead to me.

tarheel62592
03-01-2011, 07:14 PM
eh idk ill take you, anyway....i need to sell these left over maxima headers...

Burnt2Death
03-06-2011, 08:07 PM
Anyone know of any 5x110 Cobalt SS/SC 18" wheels for sale in the area?

jpalamar
03-06-2011, 08:28 PM
Anyone know of any 5x110 Cobalt SS/SC 18" wheels for sale in the area?

The SC wheels are only 7" wide. The TC are 7.5". We are in the search of the SC wheels for snow tires next year ourselves.

tarheel62592
03-06-2011, 10:11 PM
I will sell mine for the right price

Burnt2Death
03-07-2011, 12:23 AM
I will sell mine for the right price

Whats the right price?

tarheel62592
03-07-2011, 09:39 AM
lol we just talked about this

SikneSS
03-07-2011, 09:50 AM
for the right price my HHR SS wheels can be available.....

Burnt2Death
03-07-2011, 11:35 AM
Whats the right price and what size and style are they?

SikneSS
03-07-2011, 12:31 PM
http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/8237/hhrs.jpg

18x7.5
chrome
need tires

if you like them, we'll talk price.

Burnt2Death
03-07-2011, 01:04 PM
I sent you a PM...

tarheel62592
03-07-2011, 01:26 PM
yea what is the right price haha i want em

SikneSS
03-07-2011, 01:29 PM
haha! i honestly haven't thought about a price....... let me think about it and i'll get back to y'all tomorrow.

tarheel62592
03-07-2011, 01:46 PM
i wonder if they would look good on a balt

Burnt2Death
03-07-2011, 01:48 PM
Let me know asap.. I have cash in my hand man.

cookiemonster17
03-07-2011, 02:52 PM
Anything looks better then 16in rims

Burnt2Death
03-07-2011, 02:58 PM
Yea I know.. Only thing about my car I dont like is the rims..

06SS/SC ALL DAY
03-07-2011, 04:22 PM
E85 LSJ wat?

Burnt2Death
03-10-2011, 03:31 PM
Leaving in about an hour to go pick up some decent 18" rims and a set of Halos. Looking forward to it already just not looking forward to the drive lol.

BlackCobalt707
03-10-2011, 07:56 PM
nooooo, dont sell the wheels. i love those wheels on the wagon lol

The01Cav
03-10-2011, 08:50 PM
I am going to be selling my stock black chrome GXP wheels soon too!

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a192/the01cav/IMG_3688.jpg

Burnt2Death
03-10-2011, 09:23 PM
nooooo, dont sell the wheels. i love those wheels on the wagon lol

Just got back in from gettin my new wheels.. Decent condition for the price. And my halos are in now.

cookiemonster17
03-11-2011, 01:49 AM
which wheels?

Burnt2Death
03-11-2011, 08:26 AM
Here is a pic of the wheels and the new halos were installed 5 mins after I bought them. Rims are 18"

http://i955.photobucket.com/albums/ae33/JonGeoreno/Mod%20photos/newparts002.jpg
http://i955.photobucket.com/albums/ae33/JonGeoreno/Mod%20photos/001-1.jpg

tarheel62592
03-11-2011, 12:27 PM
you bought those off that guy in philly...

06SS/SC ALL DAY
03-11-2011, 11:36 PM
[QUOTE=The01Cav;1937422]I am going to be selling my stock black chrome GXP wheels soon too!
are they 18's? 5X110? whats the widest tire they can handle? i'd trade you for my gun metal 18inch SS wheels... pics are somewhere on this thread

Burnt2Death
03-11-2011, 11:47 PM
Yea I went and got those rims. There is minor damage to them that I didnt see in the dark and outside in the rain. Easy cosmetics and two small dents in the lip that need straightening. I was more into the halos lol. I guess it was still worth the trip.

The01Cav
03-12-2011, 07:37 PM
[QUOTE=The01Cav;1937422]I am going to be selling my stock black chrome GXP wheels soon too!
are they 18's? 5X110? whats the widest tire they can handle? i'd trade you for my gun metal 18inch SS wheels... pics are somewhere on this thread

No thanks.

Burnt2Death
03-12-2011, 10:01 PM
Met up with a buddy of mine that drives a balt locally. He is on here but not too active due to his job. Anyway here is 3 shots of his SS and my sedan today... He bought my old black headlights off of me.

http://i955.photobucket.com/albums/ae33/JonGeoreno/Photos%20of%20my%20car/002876544.jpg

http://i955.photobucket.com/albums/ae33/JonGeoreno/Photos%20of%20my%20car/003098.jpg

http://i955.photobucket.com/albums/ae33/JonGeoreno/Photos%20of%20my%20car/001878787.jpg

silver01lude
03-18-2011, 02:05 PM
Hey guys, just picked up an 09 SS two weeks ago, thought I'd drop in and say whats up. I'm not too familiar with it yet, and have noticed a knocking/clicking sound when shifting gears, mainly when the clutch engages, anyone else have a similar issue? I havent checked any of the cobalt forums you guys mentioned, I figured I'd try here before signing up for another forum.

SikneSS
03-18-2011, 02:22 PM
Hey guys, just picked up an 09 SS two weeks ago, thought I'd drop in and say whats up. I'm not too familiar with it yet, and have noticed a knocking/clicking sound when shifting gears, mainly when the clutch engages, anyone else have a similar issue? I havent checked any of the cobalt forums you guys mentioned, I figured I'd try here before signing up for another forum.

congrats on your purchase. you WON'T be dissapointed.

bolt-ons & a custom tune and it'll be a monster.

as for the clicking, iirc, that's normal.

a great site to join is www.gmsportcompact.net, it's filled with tons of information and very good people. check it out and create an intro thread, a lot of intelligent members over there and they're willing to help.

silver01lude
03-18-2011, 02:41 PM
Thanks, I saw you posted that site earlier and was gona check it out this weekend. As for modding, I'm still up in the air. It's my daily, and I put 70-100 miles a day on it, it was hell on my Prelude, and that had minor mods. So that remains to be seen.

SikneSS
03-18-2011, 03:17 PM
Thanks, I saw you posted that site earlier and was gona check it out this weekend. As for modding, I'm still up in the air. It's my daily, and I put 70-100 miles a day on it, it was hell on my Prelude, and that had minor mods. So that remains to be seen.

oh ok. that's understandable. in all honesty it doesn't take much to get the power out of them. catless downpipe, new hot side charge pipe, k&n drop in filter and a custom tune and you will be around 340whp/380wtq

and you'll still get good mpg.

Burnt2Death
03-18-2011, 04:50 PM
This weekend www.cobaltuniverse.net is having free premium membership preview and a membership drive. Kool newer forum that has everything and anything Cobalt. Just throwing it out there...

http://cobaltuniverse.net/site/

06SS/SC ALL DAY
03-18-2011, 10:51 PM
go to cobaltss.net join that then go into the Northeast section, then join the philly chat thread. you will be golden. get in contact with BYT tuning and your golden. nuff said

Burnt2Death
03-19-2011, 02:29 AM
I am never on CSS.. lol

Burnt2Death
03-20-2011, 01:42 AM
COBALT MEET!

Date 4-16-11
Time 12-1 pm

For those that have never been there before here is the menu.
http://foxandhound.com/portals/0/pdf/FH-enhanced%20menu.pdf

It's located right next the mall.

The address is:
160 N. Gulph Road
Suite 211
King Of Prussia, PA 19406

06SS/SC ALL DAY
03-20-2011, 11:19 AM
i have stock lsj injectors with harness/ stock pulley and belt that i have been trying to sell since i got my car 22k on them... somebody buy em lol
p.s. there is a meet at 1 p.m. today at the river spot at linden ave and state road in philly. MAD people, booze, food, fun and all domestic!

Burnt2Death
03-22-2011, 12:09 AM
Who is going to the Sonic meet? I have about 10 other balts from different forums coming and a few non forum related locals..

tarheel62592
03-22-2011, 01:17 AM
Where and when?

Burnt2Death
03-22-2011, 01:24 AM
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=193574230676564 Its also on the main page of TST lol

Burnt2Death
03-28-2011, 02:28 AM
Keystone Cobalts Gathering (http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=197574090262706)

Burnt2Death
04-04-2011, 04:23 PM
http://i955.photobucket.com/albums/ae33/JonGeoreno/Photos%20of%20my%20car/059.jpg

http://i955.photobucket.com/albums/ae33/JonGeoreno/Photos%20of%20my%20car/063.jpg

Also throwing this out there the last Saturday of every month starting April 30th there will be a Keystone Cobalts meet. First one is at the Hooters in Harrisburg April 30th 12pm. Feel free to PM me for any details. Check out cobaltuniverse.net

Burnt2Death
04-12-2011, 12:00 PM
Seams like I am the only one to post in here.. lol Here is some new pics of the SS/SC wheels on.

http://i955.photobucket.com/albums/ae33/JonGeoreno/Photos%20of%20my%20car/055-1.jpg

http://i955.photobucket.com/albums/ae33/JonGeoreno/Photos%20of%20my%20car/057.jpg

http://i955.photobucket.com/albums/ae33/JonGeoreno/Photos%20of%20my%20car/061.jpg

http://i955.photobucket.com/albums/ae33/JonGeoreno/Photos%20of%20my%20car/077.jpg

http://i955.photobucket.com/albums/ae33/JonGeoreno/Photos%20of%20my%20car/084.jpg

http://i955.photobucket.com/albums/ae33/JonGeoreno/Photos%20of%20my%20car/090.jpg

Burnt2Death
04-15-2011, 01:58 PM
Any other Cobalts, G5's or HHR owners go to the Street Outlawz meets on Sunday nights let me know..

Also I just got brand new Nexen N3000 tires on the sedan. The grip like a s.o.b. lol

tarheel62592
04-15-2011, 11:01 PM
First time running at the track tonight, ran 14.002 at 102mph, i can definately get into the 13's cuz i was babying it so im pretty pumped

Burnt2Death
04-15-2011, 11:21 PM
First time running at the track tonight, ran 14.002 at 102mph, i can definately get into the 13's cuz i was babying it so im pretty pumped

Thats awesome and very impressive time for our cars..

tarheel62592
04-15-2011, 11:47 PM
im shooting for 13.5, i need to get my 60 down and it should be all gravy from there. I only hopped once

Burnt2Death
04-15-2011, 11:56 PM
Have any pics or video?

The01Cav
04-16-2011, 04:43 PM
I'm shooting for 13.9 in my G6. Maybe if I get a decent set of tires and can launch the damn thing.

tarheel62592
04-16-2011, 09:33 PM
Nah i dont have any, i can check with my friend who was SUPPOSED to but i think his phone died lol

Burnt2Death
04-21-2011, 03:04 PM
. . .

06SS/SC ALL DAY
05-08-2011, 04:05 AM
http://i955.photobucket.com/albums/ae33/JonGeoreno/031.jpg

http://i955.photobucket.com/albums/ae33/JonGeoreno/024.jpg

come back to the philly chat thread. we miss you

06SS/SC ALL DAY
05-08-2011, 04:05 AM
Nah i dont have any, i can check with my friend who was SUPPOSED to but i think his phone died lol

40%-35% boost reduction 1st gear you'll cut 2.0's all day

Burnt2Death
08-08-2011, 08:44 PM
Fall Cobalt meet. As usual at the Hooters in King of Prussia. 9-17-2011. Meeting at noon, eating lunch and then going to Valley Forge for photos. RSVP if you feel like coming. Open to all G5's, Cobalts and HHR's...

Fall Cobalt Meet event page... (http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=232024370169128) The page was just started and not everyone has RSVP'd to the event yet.

D Boogie C
08-08-2011, 09:32 PM
Fall Cobalt meet. As usual at the Hooters in King of Prussia. 9-17-2011. Meeting at noon, eating lunch and then going to Valley Forge for photos. RSVP if you feel like coming. Open to all G5's, Cobalts and HHR's...

Fall Cobalt Meet event page... (http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=232024370169128) The page was just started and not everyone has RSVP'd to the event yet.

seee yea there :) where are you coming from. maybe we can drive down together.

Burnt2Death
08-08-2011, 09:58 PM
I am only 20 minutes away from the meet. Right up rt.422. Where are you coming from?