PDA

View Full Version : Does RADAR work while moving?

the mike
02-14-2006, 10:06 PM
Exactly that, can an officer clock you while he is driving the opposite direction? I got a ticket for a 67 in a 45 the other day. Not denying the fact that I was speeding, I am just wondering if it is even possible for a moving vehicle to get an accurate reading on a car moving the other direction.

This was in Delran NJ if it means anything. :cry:

undercover
02-15-2006, 02:38 AM
Yes, they can sit in one position and get u going or coming, and same thing with moiving, the radar works if ur traveling the same direction or opposite direction of a moving police car.

the mike
02-15-2006, 07:54 AM
****. How accurate is it when moving?

undercover
02-15-2006, 12:50 PM
its right on...when we drive the radar unit is also digital speedometer. We do not look at the speedo and needle, we look at our speed on the radar b/c it is calibrated about every other week. Then it takes the difference of our speed and ur speed to determine how fast you are going...its real acurate

the mike
02-15-2006, 09:50 PM
Damn it. This is not helping my cause.

On a related note, is there, in your experience, any reason for me to go to court over this. Do I have a chance of getting this lowered to a lower point ticket? Do judges look at past records/license infractions? My license was clear for about 6 years before this. I am just seeing where I stand on this.
Any help is appreciated.

mike