PDA

View Full Version : do you use firefox or IE?

criz
04-03-2005, 03:12 AM
I'm growing to use firefox more and more every day... just curious who else uses it.

http://www.pages.drexel.edu/~cml37/misc/firefox.jpg

SilverTurboRidin
04-03-2005, 12:15 PM
i use ie but i might try firefox

teh DIRT
04-03-2005, 12:29 PM
i love firefox....i will never go back.

TROLL
04-03-2005, 12:38 PM
i use IE because if it aint broke dont fix it
bryan

Jeffros Spec V
04-03-2005, 01:08 PM
THe problem with IE is that its so directly related to windows that your basically inviting people to hack into your ****.

I have used firefox since the day I switched to cable and I've made a few other people start uising it as well. I love the new tabs you can open up..I LOVE FIREFOX

the mike
04-03-2005, 01:19 PM
bryan

+1 for that.

And Criz, you have that grey STi on your desktop don't you?

TrboChicsRock
04-03-2005, 03:11 PM
I just started using Firefox... I dont have an opinion on it yet.

Aaron
04-03-2005, 05:01 PM
I'm not anti-firefox, just not anti-MS.

Bryan and Mike: with all due respect, you're full of ish. With all the work you have done to your cars you'd think they had to have been broken. :D

the mike
04-03-2005, 05:37 PM
Yeah, but I am an ASE certified tech. Computers are not my strong point.

Twin_Cam
04-03-2005, 06:10 PM
Firefox all the way. Damn the man (Bill Gates)!

272sWrx
04-03-2005, 06:16 PM
yeah firefox is the ****

UnderPoweredRS
04-03-2005, 06:33 PM
I voted for firefox on IE lol

criz
04-03-2005, 10:33 PM
bryan

+1 for that.

And Criz, you have that grey STi on your desktop don't you?

hell yea... i'd kill to paint my car that color... especially with the color of the wheels I got coming next week :devil: it'd look baaaad

stichris
04-03-2005, 10:59 PM
Ya'll got to learn: You can band-aid the problems all you want with different browsers, but the problem is the platform. I moved from historically using only windos machines to OSX. I got a 12" powerbook, and have never been happier. I would have forgotten what spyware is if I didn't see it on a regulr basis on all of my client's machines.

I do computer consulting for small businesses. Spyware and adware essentially keep me in an excess of business. Guess I can't complain.

Regardless, I'll always uses macs from here on out. They are the win.

Aaron
04-03-2005, 11:03 PM
thats because its not worthwhile for people to write mac viruses because nobody uses them :finga:

criz
04-03-2005, 11:13 PM
Ya'll got to learn: You can band-aid the problems all you want with different browsers, but the problem is the platform. I moved from historically using only windos machines to OSX. I got a 12" powerbook, and have never been happier. I would have forgotten what spyware is if I didn't see it on a regulr basis on all of my client's machines.

I do computer consulting for small businesses. Spyware and adware essentially keep me in an excess of business. Guess I can't complain.

Regardless, I'll always uses macs from here on out. They are the win.

I agree to a point... OS X doesn't appear to have nearly the amount of problems that windows has because most of the iky stuff is not written for mac users. If you're going to write something that take advantage of an OS flaw, might as well aim it towards windows because most of the world uses it.

Now I know some things can attack both... and do... but for the most part they're aimed at windows.

stichris
04-03-2005, 11:14 PM
You are absolutely right, to a degree. Regardless, alternative platforms, such as OSX, or Linux, will always be much, much tighter than anything microsoft can release. Windows is teh suck. Hopefully emulators will speed up enough to be able to run windows apps on other platforms decently.

Chris

criz
04-03-2005, 11:19 PM
I want a MAC so I can do some video editing!

how long have you been a MAC user Chris?

stichris
04-03-2005, 11:20 PM
My name is Chris, and I made the switch in August of '04.

criz
04-03-2005, 11:39 PM
My name is Chris, and I made the switch in August of '04.

nice

i made the switch a few months ago

jrtalon
04-04-2005, 01:22 AM
I've been using firefox ever since it first came out and was called Phoenix. I really like tabs and its much faster then IE. Although it has trouble rendering some pages....like one of those damn flash ads will pop up and cover everything and not go away.

alachua
04-04-2005, 08:46 PM
firefox > opera > IE

Tabbed browsing, mouse gestures, security, plug ins...and so much more.

I havn't really used IE in almost two years I'd say. Previous to using firefox, I used opera exclusivly. I personally prefer something that I can use on both of my systems, as I typically work in Linux when my file server is working.

-Cliff

nickmahhh
04-04-2005, 10:02 PM
I downloaded Firefox last night and it did nothing for me, therefore, I switched back to IE

JasterM5
04-04-2005, 10:14 PM
Alot of my friends are tellin me to move to firefox but I'm ok with IE. I have not probs with it other than the annoying pop-up blocker bar.

Either way my philosophy is: "If it ain't broke, fix it till it is." :thumbup:

CarbonIS
04-05-2005, 01:14 AM
Firefox loses the pop-ups, speeds up uploading times, and even looks cooler

I can't imagine ever using IE again

Maybe if they brought back "hacker" programs like Magenta and HaVoK I'd switch back to aol....hahaha

kef
04-05-2005, 01:33 AM
I've been a mac user for awhile now, before that strictly Linux. I lusted for OS X. BSD is an amazingly flexible base if you're not afraid of the command line.