PDA

View Full Version : Coating a Downpipe

Intercooled T
02-13-2006, 04:05 PM
Hey guys, I finally got hold of a mild steel Terry Houston 3" downpipe for my GN, it'll be here in 1 week. I would like to get it coated so it will not rust or rot out. What do you guys charge to clean it up and coat it? I'd like it either black or silver, doesn't matter which. Thanks, I'll stop up when I get it :)

Chris

Intercooled T
02-13-2006, 08:17 PM
Thanks Chuck, nice meeting you...I'll give you a holler when it comes in the mail...:)

Intercooled T
02-19-2006, 11:22 PM
hey Chuck, downpipe comes in the mail tuesday according to UPS tracking info...let me know when you're not swamped with work and I'll drop by whenever is good for you...btw, I switched colors, going with that silver instead of black.

thanks man

boneheadperformance
02-20-2006, 12:13 AM
No problem. Stop by anytime...I am always swamped. The earlier in the week the better because I have 3-5 sets of wheels coming in the middle of the week. It is a first come first serve basis, unless it is a rush job.

Intercooled T
02-22-2006, 03:26 PM
hey Chuck, if I drop off the downpipe today, do you think you can have it finished by mon/tues of next week? If so, lemme know and I'll drop by after I get done work...thanks man

boneheadperformance
02-22-2006, 03:40 PM
Yeah I should be able to. What high temp color did you want again? I will have to check to see if I have enough in stock.

Intercooled T
02-22-2006, 04:00 PM
black...oh yea, I have a MAF pipe and up-pipe too...

boneheadperformance
02-22-2006, 04:15 PM
I am a bit low on black high temp. It probably isnt enough to do all items. When you bring it in I will check to see the lengths. Early next week will be cutting it too close if I have to order the powder but I will do my best. Definitely by the end of the week.

Intercooled T
02-22-2006, 04:59 PM
up pipe doesn't have to be high temp, neither does maf pipe, i'll bring the dp by today