PDA

View Full Version : 10/10 PhillySCCA Breast Cancer Charity Auto-X & Show

FocusDude
09-26-2010, 04:48 PM
Where : Lincoln Financial Field, South illadelphia, PA
When : Sunday, October 10th
Time : 7:30-8am is a good time to arrive imho.

It gives me great pleasure to announce that Philly Region will be hosting our second annual charity event with the Eagles and CJ's Tire on October 10th! This event will benefit the Eagles' charity Tackling Breast Cancer, which helps the Jefferson Breast Cancer Center. Philadelphia SCCA will donate the proceeds from this event to this charity in support of the Eagles and their fight against breast cancer. I hope that all of you would be willing to come out to this event and enjoy yourselves all while helping a great cause in the Philadelphia community. Please see below for all of the wonderful entertainment and events taking place in addition to just the Solo event.

Date: Oct. 10, 2010

Held under the SCCA Solo Rules

Registration: Current available online through MSR. Link to MSR Registration
http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/event.advert/uidEvent/9F0F64CC-EB4F-88AA-FB34CF0AAD6471B2

Event Information:
http://www.phillyscca.com/solo2/flyers/2010/SO101010.html

Event Format:
180 car cap, with 4 runs.
If we finish early we are going to allow FUN RUNS for charity!

Prizes:
Autocross - Free set of Tires for the PAX Winner
Car show - Free set of Tires for the "Best in Show"

As for entertainment...
WXTU live remote broadcast (possibly WMMR as well).
CJ's Tire is hosting a Car Show.
CJ's & the Eagles will also have a silent auction.
Eagles Cheerleaders will be there.
Swoop will be there.
Eagles Alumni will be present.
Thomas Jefferson Hospital will talk about Breast Cancer.
Aramark will be vending food on site with half of the proceeds going to charity.
Hankook Mobile Marketing Rig.
Best Buy is bringing their "Mobile Fan Zone".
Snapple & Turkey Hill will be providing product samples.
http://www.phillyscca.com/solo2/flyers/2009/images/EaglesSiteMap.jpg

Spanky
09-28-2010, 02:01 AM
Ill be there but not in the focus.

FocusDude
09-28-2010, 05:42 AM
We are selling the Civic, so my only choice is the Focus now.

oneday
09-28-2010, 10:10 AM
I'll be there. Not sure if it will be in the B-Mod or something else (think smaller and faster).

chu
09-29-2010, 04:35 PM
I'll be there also!

CrazylilPunk
09-30-2010, 10:24 AM
I want to try this out. Never auto-x'd before, but have gone to watch a few times. I have a wrx, wheels, coilovers, exhaust, and engine management. I seem to fit in the sts class, but I have a feeling I will get put in the stx? Any advice? Also I definatly plan on taking advantage of the novice class. Thanks in advance!

JB'sLGT
09-30-2010, 10:48 AM
I want to try this out. Never auto-x'd before, but have gone to watch a few times. I have a wrx, wheels, coilovers, exhaust, and engine management. I seem to fit in the sts class, but I have a feeling I will get put in the stx? Any advice? Also I definatly plan on taking advantage of the novice class. Thanks in advance!

STS is for factory two seaters. You can run in STX or ESP. STX has a better pax and technically you need to run a map with stock boost levels, but no one is going to contest you since this isn't a national event.

Like you said, definitely register your pax as a Novice and make sure to put on your car your number and letters NSTX or NESP. Instructors then know to ask you if you are comfortable driving or if you need some guidance.

CrazylilPunk
09-30-2010, 11:43 AM
STS is for factory two seaters. You can run in STX or ESP. STX has a better pax and technically you need to run a map with stock boost levels, but no one is going to contest you since this isn't a national event.

Like you said, definitely register your pax as a Novice and make sure to put on your car your number and letters NSTX or NESP. Instructors then know to ask you if you are comfortable driving or if you need some guidance.

Yes I am sorry. And what is the differance between ESP and STX? Also, what is the competetion in these classes like? I know I will be at the bottom of the pole for awhile, but in general, tough class? Definatly going to need guidance haha.

JB'sLGT
09-30-2010, 01:06 PM
Any Street Prepared class generally has higher allowances for mods than Street Touring. The biggest difference between SP and ST is the wheels and tires. Wheel and tire sizes are unlimited in SP. You can also run DOT R-Comps in SP. In ST you can't run the R-Comps.

The competition really just depends on who shows up. Last time I ran a Philly event I got my doors blown off by a ridiculously fast orange WRX, but it was only us two in the class. The time before that I was the only guy in ESP. Since you are registering with the novices, your results will show up with them. Basically, there is a pax (handicap) for STX and then there is a higher pax for being a novice in STX.

The worst thing you can do is overdrive your car. Just relax, learn the course, and be as smooth as possible.

oneday
09-30-2010, 03:46 PM
Any Street Prepared class generally has higher allowances for mods than Street Touring. The biggest difference between SP and ST is the wheels and tires. Wheel and tire sizes are unlimited in SP. You can also run DOT R-Comps in SP. In ST you can't run the R-Comps.

There are more differences than just the tires. SP allows for a plethora of other mods that STX does not. Tuning, boost levels, suspension changes, and wheel sizes are the notable ones.

CrazylilPunk, register and run in ESP if you have any mods that put you into that class (or any mods that take you out of STX--boost turned up=ESP). But do register as a Novice. We (the people that run the program) would prefer if you register and run in the appropriate class from the get go, so when you get hooked, and ween yourself off the Novice teet you are ready to run with your correct class. There will be plenty of instructors that can show you the ropes...they will congregate near the start line and sometime wander through grid asking if anyone needs help--just ask or say yes if they ask you.

Last time I ran a Philly event I got my doors blown off by a ridiculously fast orange WRX, but it was only us two in the class.
McCance....in the orange vinyl wrapped boost buggie...man that car (and driver) are quick. He's a national level competitor and a great guy to try and learn from.

The worst thing you can do is overdrive your car. Just relax, learn the course, and be as smooth as possible.

Exactly. Also let an instructor drive your car...it will let you know how much further your car can be pushed and is an eye opening experience.

Have fun!

Buster
09-30-2010, 04:11 PM
im going to go with the rs but i probably wont run. just because i love boobies.

FocusDude
10-02-2010, 08:56 AM
^^ You should run, it's a blast!

My daughters birthday party is the same day... Er- I need some super powers...

Buster
10-02-2010, 03:10 PM
the struts are blown and my clutch master is acting up, not the best thing to do 25 miles from home lol. i just want to save the boobies and refuse to live in a world with out em

FocusDude
10-05-2010, 05:13 PM
I can drive ya home :banana:

My buddy with the other Focus spent his clutch the Monday morning following Warminster.
:drag::driving::furious::help::partyman:

FocusDude
10-09-2010, 09:56 PM
The teal and rust Civic has not been sold yet, so we will be running it tomorrow. Look for me to spin it out somewhere!

Last time I drove it a Warminster I ended up putting the two front wheels in the grass... Silly aggressive right foot on 180 tread.

Simmons-Racing
10-09-2010, 10:13 PM
I will be there driving the BSP Evo beast!

Simmons

FocusDude
10-10-2010, 06:24 AM
The smell of that Evo while it passes makes me smile!

FocusDude
10-10-2010, 05:18 PM
Fun stuff today.

I'm pretty sure it was Simmons who had the cheerleader screaming her lungs out for all of 30secs! The run was insanely fast, to bad you nabbed the one cone :P

IMPREZvWRX
10-10-2010, 08:20 PM
Yeah, you guys in those damn Evos are stupidly fast! This was my first time running with Philly in a couple years, and let me tell you, the SM competition there is fierce.

chu
10-10-2010, 08:54 PM
Fun stuff today.

I'm pretty sure it was Simmons who had the cheerleader screaming her lungs out for all of 30secs! The run was insanely fast, to bad you nabbed the one cone :P

It was. Story is, at one point, she had a leg up against the dash, holding on for dear life. There's a shoeprint for proof.

Simmons-Racing
10-10-2010, 10:06 PM
It was. Story is, at one point, she had a leg up against the dash, holding on for dear life. There's a shoeprint for proof.

LOL, Wait until you see my in-car video :)

It did Suck that I coned that run, I would have Won Pax and 4 New Tires :(

But Corey, Dan, and I stopped by the Volvo Event and I ran the fastest time to Win the I-Pad :)

Eric

igo4bmx
10-11-2010, 09:53 AM
yeah fun time! my first autox event and definately not my last

Simmons-Racing
10-11-2010, 12:31 PM
Here is the in-car Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waCvm2SFiwg

FocusDude
10-12-2010, 08:54 PM
yeah fun time! my first autox event and definately not my last

Were you working station 2 second heat?

igo4bmx
10-12-2010, 11:06 PM
Were you working station 2 second heat?

station 3 second heat
big korean dude white evo

igo4bmx
10-12-2010, 11:06 PM
results
http://www.phillyscca.com/solo2/results/2010/SO101010.shtml

oneday
10-13-2010, 01:03 PM
station 3 second heat
big korean dude white evo

Oh, yeah...I rode with you on your first run--then got Shanghai'd by the guy in the 911. How did you end up doing?

igo4bmx
10-13-2010, 03:54 PM
Oh, yeah...I rode with you on your first run--then got Shanghai'd by the guy in the 911. How did you end up doing?

you were the instructor?
dude i suck
i was braking too early not hard enough and most of my time sliding around all the turns.

you pulled my duster out of my car and i never got it back lol

oneday
10-13-2010, 04:50 PM
you were the instructor?
dude i suck
i was braking too early not hard enough and most of my time sliding around all the turns.

you pulled my duster out of my car and i never got it back lol

Yup, that was me....I remember seeing your duster stuck in the top of a cone near the starting line...it was just about at eye-level for me as I went up to the starting line in the little red noise maker. Your duster might still be in the truck...show up at the next event (http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/event.advert/uidEvent/42FF5236-AE97-8C57-FEE7C2EACB22B50B) and see if it is!

Oh, and practice will make you suck less. At least you have an idea of what you were doing wrong and hopefully you were able to get a ride-along in someone else's Evo or an instructor drove your car to show you what it was capable of. If you did not get either of those experiences, definitely ask for one at the next event (http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/event.advert/uidEvent/42FF5236-AE97-8C57-FEE7C2EACB22B50B)--it's always an eye opener to see what your car is capable of :eek:.

igo4bmx
10-13-2010, 05:01 PM
Yup, that was me....I remember seeing your duster stuck in the top of a cone near the starting line...it was just about at eye-level for me as I went up to the starting line in the little red noise maker. Your duster might still be in the truck...show up at the next event (http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/event.advert/uidEvent/42FF5236-AE97-8C57-FEE7C2EACB22B50B) and see if it is!

Oh, and practice will make you suck less. At least you have an idea of what you were doing wrong and hopefully you were able to get a ride-along in someone else's Evo or an instructor drove your car to show you what it was capable of. If you did not get either of those experiences, definitely ask for one at the next event (http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/event.advert/uidEvent/42FF5236-AE97-8C57-FEE7C2EACB22B50B)--it's always an eye opener to see what your car is capable of :eek:.

yeah
i know the oct 24th one but i will be on all season tires - i cracked my volk wheel at that meet again (spent alot of money and time and got it the thurs before, only to have it crack the second day i drive on them lol)

oneday
10-14-2010, 09:43 AM
Oh, yeah, I actually forgot about the October 24th event (http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/event.advert/uidEvent/42FDB0F7-E08B-4F94-D6D22D337A26584A)...probably because I will not be able to make that one...the links above are to the November 7th event (http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/event.advert/uidEvent/42FF5236-AE97-8C57-FEE7C2EACB22B50B), which is the last one of the season.

Simmons-Racing
10-14-2010, 12:10 PM
If anyone ever needs an instructor to ride with them, or drive thier car don't be afraid to ask me.

Eric

igo4bmx
10-14-2010, 01:19 PM
If anyone ever needs an instructor to ride with them, or drive thier car don't be afraid to ask me.

Eric

haha
i might take one of you guys up for it- too bad i will be on falken all seasons next event.

FocusDude
10-14-2010, 05:11 PM
Just be prepared to see your car in a altered state while Simmons drives it. I doubt we will be down at DE Park, hopefully we will make at least one event.

That '70 Camaro is incredibly fast, definitely not the typical auto-X car. So nice to see that thing rip-

MaxRPM
03-02-2011, 10:54 PM
any new events in philly in 2011????

IMPREZvWRX
03-02-2011, 11:02 PM
http://autox4u.com/ has info on all the local regions, including schedules. I should have the South Jersey SCCA's schedule up soon.