PDA

View Full Version : Red Robin to new location

Shades of Gray
04-02-2005, 04:05 PM
I know im new here and all, so i might have missed alot...but it seems like everyone wants to move the meet location due to the impressive turn outs. Thats great and all...but has anyone suggested across the street yet? I mean...lets face it...SEARS, in the Neshaminy Mall parking lot...closest to RT 1. Its very well visable from the street and if you're cruising around the mall trying to find it. Its Thursday night...shouldnt be a mad rush at the Mall. Its the same distance for everyone. Shouldnt get confusing. But whatever, its just a suggestion. And to clarify...im referring to the lot outside of sears ...theres a number of them...so the one furthest from the building, next to the actual exit. And you can see it from RT 1...its real close to the road!
Ryan :thumbup: or :thumbdow:

99SL2_Modder
04-02-2005, 04:06 PM
HCC is less populated, and still extremely close to both RR and CF, so you can walk over and get food or whatever.

SilverTurboRidin
04-02-2005, 04:07 PM
Even the oxford valley mall has a huge part of the parking lot that isnt used....

99SL2_Modder
04-02-2005, 04:08 PM
Even the oxford valley mall has a huge part of the parking lot that isnt used....

Hah. We'd be kicked from OV faster than we could fill up the lot.

SilverTurboRidin
04-02-2005, 04:10 PM
Yeah but it would be interesting with us all leaving....we went up there last night about 5-6 cars...cops didnt do anything but cruise by

99SL2_Modder
04-02-2005, 04:19 PM
Yeah but it would be interesting with us all leaving....we went up there last night about 5-6 cars...cops didnt do anything but cruise by

5-6 isn't quite as bad as how many are at the RR meets, plus having a "bunch of kids" "hanging" around their "prestigious" parking lot kinda upsets them.

SilverTurboRidin
04-02-2005, 04:28 PM
lol..either way...guess we should look for alternatives...

Like i said the LA fitness near oxford valley mall is where we usually hang out...just go behind the building its a huge lot. No one goes back there so dont gotta worry about being bugged.... And there is a little bit of lighting

TROLL
04-02-2005, 04:42 PM
i'd really like to see if we can just move across the street... but i'm not sure if we'll be allowed. if that doesnt work then we can look into our other options like other stores around the Neshaminy Mall.
bryan

Sincere
04-02-2005, 05:16 PM
has anyone talked to the biulding owner yet?
i live close to that spot , i could stop there if no one has..

Aaron
04-02-2005, 05:18 PM
If anything we should talk to the tire place at the neshaminy mall. There really is no incentive for any mall to let a bunch of kids form a clan in their parking lot. However, if the tire place has its own lot, maybe some of us would buy tires there in appreciation of loaning the lot. :D

Twin_Cam
04-02-2005, 06:06 PM
However, if the tire place has its own lot, maybe some of us would buy tires there in appreciation of loaning the lot. :D

Haha, I need tires, if they sell Kumho 711s I'll give 'em business!

TehWagon
04-02-2005, 07:32 PM
If anything we should talk to the tire place at the neshaminy mall. There really is no incentive for any mall to let a bunch of kids form a clan in their parking lot. However, if the tire place has its own lot, maybe some of us would buy tires there in appreciation of loaning the lot. :D

i think that's a REALLY good idea... let's put the don on it!

the mike
04-02-2005, 07:41 PM
Only if I get to burn off the old ones in the parking lot...:devil:

TROLL
04-02-2005, 07:41 PM
lets put someone else on it!
haha seriously it would be awesome if some other people took charge on stuff... this forum is really time consuming as is so getting some help on the meets and side projects (stickers, shirts, etc) will always be encouraged. now, who can take the ball and run with it?
bryan

Aaron
04-02-2005, 07:43 PM
My vote goes for one of the girls, if not all of them. If (if?) they're flirty we will have a better shot at getting some male owner to say "awe shucks, why not" :lol:

TehWagon
04-02-2005, 07:57 PM
i suck at flirty- i'm out. but if you want me to make a call i will- just tell me what the name of the place is?

scott@revitup
04-02-2005, 10:53 PM
im down for where ever. and if flirty women are there, well enough said

BlackBulletTSi
04-03-2005, 12:15 AM
I wouldn't mind helping trying to find a new place that we could hang out. I'll cruise around one night and see if I can spot one. SilverBullet has suggested a place to me and we are going to go check it out see what happens. I'll keep everyone up to date with what I find.

JasterM5
04-03-2005, 12:58 AM
CALLOWAYS!!!!

If i've said it once i've said it a thousand times. Its got a great lot and great lighting. If we go in for food they wont care at all.

Upsides:
-Thursday night is mexican night(9pm and after)- $2 mexican beer, half price nachos ($4 and theyre' awesome and huge), $0.25 Wings (also awesome), half price mexican fries ($2.50 also awesome)
- fairly big lot and right behind it is a bank so if will start to over flow it goes there.
-Ligting is great
-Sports Bar, This means plasmas and big screens everywhere.
-for underagers there is a pizza place right next to it in the same lot.
-Rita's Water Ice accross the street. Nice for when the weather gets warm.
-Also its an Irish bar next St. Pattys day its on!!

Downsides:
-9pm and after it become 21 and over only. If you get in before 9pm you're good though.
-Not as easy to find. Its about 15min from Neshaminy in Huntington Valley. Its on County Line road next to the LA fitness lot and the PENNDOT.

I've been goin to ths place for about 6 years now. I dont even get carded when i walk in so I can get a select few under agers in (PETE :thumbup: )The hostess told me so. The bar is great. Hot bartending chicks. :thumbup:

This is where I go every time in the middle of the meet. Like I've said, me an my friends come here every thursday for the last 6 years and its great.

99ElectronBlueCivicSi
04-03-2005, 01:26 AM
yea us underage kids would be screwed there tho

JasterM5
04-03-2005, 01:37 AM
Nah cuz theres a pizza place right there. and if you need more incentive theres also a slacks in the same lot as Rita's.

On a side not I noted that not alot of people went inside to eat. Last meet and it was one of the largest we've had in a long time. I foresee this happeneing so I dont think it will be too much of a prob. Like i said. If you show up at 8 and go in at 8:30 you're ok.

TROLL
04-03-2005, 03:49 AM
the only problem i see with this is that its kinda far away. i was hoping to keep the meet right in that area so people would be able to find it easily and we wouldnt lose anyone in the transition. i'd guess that a good amount of people who go to the meets just show up and can plan on it being at the same place and the same time every week... they dont have to be on a forum to doublecheck.
it'll make the ride closer to some and farther for others, so i guess thats just a tossup.
i'd still like to see if we cant move across the street to strayer, but calloways is decent to keep in mind as well, pending what others thing i suppose.
bryan

Shades of Gray
04-03-2005, 05:09 PM
Ill tell you what...im going to red robin tonight...actually to eat. I want to try something around the corner on bristol rd...about 30 sec away. Theres a pizza/cheesesteak/wings place right by the light of bristol and old lincoln highway. From what i can see...they are sufferin...let alone the oddest night of the week...Thursday. I can go in there tonight and see if we can start meeting there. I think he'd be thrilled...bring in a lot of business...Best part...Huge lot! I think that could work in all favor!
Ryan
BTW...when i drive by there almost all times...theres prolly like 3 cars there ever! Poor guy...foods great! He must do a lot of delivery

99SL2_Modder
04-03-2005, 05:28 PM
Ill tell you what...im going to red robin tonight...actually to eat. I want to try something around the corner on bristol rd...about 30 sec away. Theres a pizza/cheesesteak/wings place right by the light of bristol and old lincoln highway. From what i can see...they are sufferin...let alone the oddest night of the week...Thursday. I can go in there tonight and see if we can start meeting there. I think he'd be thrilled...bring in a lot of business...Best part...Huge lot! I think that could work in all favor!
Ryan
BTW...when i drive by there almost all times...theres prolly like 3 cars there ever! Poor guy...foods great! He must do a lot of delivery

Just what a bunch of car tuners need. Pizza! Go for it!

1988 Olds
04-03-2005, 05:47 PM
Yeah Pizza is good. I could also live off of Meatball Subs and Chicken Cheesesteaks.

Shades of Gray
04-03-2005, 05:51 PM
Alright then, unless i hear otherwise in the next 20 min or so...i'm leaving for dinner and ill stop in there first....
....any negatives?!?!?!
Hurry
Ryan :thumbup: :thumbdow:

GSXDCY
04-03-2005, 05:51 PM
Yeah Pizza is good. I could also live off of Meatball Subs and Chicken Cheesesteaks.

chicken cheesesteaks are the besttttttt

TheWraith
04-03-2005, 07:59 PM
Plenty of huge parking lots and restaurants right next door at the Neshaminy Mall.

No need to consider going as far as Huntingdon Valley.

BlackBulletTSi
04-03-2005, 11:05 PM
Ryan that sounds like a great idea. Local businesses are what I was thinkin about going to look at. Hopefully this guy will be really cool about it :) Lets all hope for the best guys.

JasterM5
04-03-2005, 11:38 PM
I know the place you're talking about. They ussually hold like a flea market there on the weekends. I never tried the food, but one thing is certain. Its 1 min away from RR and its is a nice open lot. Only prob I forsee is that there is not too much lighting in the lot. But i think it could be a good spot if the guy is cool with it. If you haven't talked to him let me know I can go too.

MuddyREX
04-03-2005, 11:52 PM
Ohhhhhhhhh, now I know where you are talking about. I think it'd be an OK lot, but lighting could be an issue. Also, those flea market tables are always there, so that side of the lot is useless.

joe tom
04-04-2005, 11:30 AM
hey if that place doesn't work, perhaps we can meet in the ultra-zone parking lot, there is a pizza shop in there to (taranova's) and the lot is very well lit.

or,

if niether of those places work, has anyone thought of the new park on richellu rd? there are b-ball courts, a skate part, football fields, and a good size lot. no food though. its just a thought.

oh wait, another idea,

how about the philadelphia race track lot, it right off of street rd, and it hugh, well lit, and while we are there, we can become compulsive gamblers!

what do ya think?

the mike
04-04-2005, 11:38 AM
We have been booted from the racetrack lot far too many times this winter to meet there.:devil:

SexyDSM95
04-04-2005, 01:54 PM
Holy crap don't go all the way out to OV, I like the general area where the meets are located now. It's like 20-25 minutes from my home...I know on Sundays a lot of ricers/racers meet up in the Franklin Mills area.

99SL2_Modder
04-04-2005, 02:01 PM
Holy crap don't go all the way out to OV, I like the general area where the meets are located now. It's like 20-25 minutes from my home...I know on Sundays a lot of ricers/racers meet up in the Franklin Mills area.

Rice rice or semi rice?

Cause if it's rice rice, we should go up there and run circles around their flash trashy cars, if it's semi-rice, probably should leave em alone. (Semi rice being something that looks riced but might actually be quick...like my saturn...except mine is slow)

criz
04-04-2005, 02:47 PM
Lets try going to the original spot this week and see what goes on... I doubt we'll get trouble... the cops have cooled off :)

Shades of Gray
04-04-2005, 03:21 PM
sorry guys...for some reason my email stopped alerting me to the commenting of this thread. I went there last night...and they were closed already. So they are either early sunday closers,. or quakers and dont work sundays like chick filet. Anyway...lot looks very decent, and the flea market tables are pushed to the side during the weekdays. Lighting may be an issue. Again i mention the lot outside of sears...i went to check that out, and theres atleast 50 spots...well lit...and its seperate from the mall parking. The lot is labled for car poolers. Im going to call the mall now and see if they would let us use it. Only catch is we'd probally have to behave ourselves. Can we do that?
Ryan

99SL2_Modder
04-04-2005, 03:24 PM
Only catch is we'd probally have to behave ourselves. Can we do that?
Ryan

Is this a rhetorical question, or did you want a truthful answer?

I think maybe sometime this week I might be able to get in touch with whateverhernameis at HCC and get us over there, unless someone wants to go to the pizza joint and try again.

Lighting? A problem? That's why Scoobs have foglights.

CarbonIS
04-04-2005, 03:29 PM
Where are u talking about ryan? Do you really think that the mall rent-a-cops won't bother us?

Shades of Gray
04-04-2005, 05:09 PM
So ive called both locations...and talked to an answering machine at the mall...and one of the workers at the pizza shop. The shop sounds pretty good...ah who am i kidding. I'll let you know when i get a solid answer. For now, Chris had the right motive...meet at the normal spot this week!

Ryan

TehWagon
04-04-2005, 10:30 PM
Thanks for doin all the legwork!

BlackBulletTSi
04-04-2005, 11:28 PM
Nice work Ray, now hopefully the rentacops call ya back :) that would be a nice suprise that they let us use the lot. Actually speaking of that area what about the lot right in front of Penn Dot, think about it, driving by you can't look down and the lot is huge, last time I checked though it was kinda potholish but I think they have cleaned it up but it is a huge log, lighting though maybe an issue not sure, plus right in the lot is LASERTAG!!!! LoL and Pool and I believe there is a pizza place there to. Anyone know what I am talkin about?

1988 Olds
04-04-2005, 11:58 PM
I'm not sure how good of an idea this is but.... There is a huge parking lot along Radcliff street in Bristol. I have no idea what it is. I'm going to guess it is some kind of park. There is room for hmm about 500 cars and I think there is lights. Just not sure how close this is the most people.

CarbonIS
04-05-2005, 01:10 AM
I like the fact that its close to the mall, the pizza place, the pool hall, and red robin....leaves the option to do pretty much anything before or after the meet disapates...THANK YOU UNCLE RYAN FOR CALLING THE PSEUDO-COPS

99ElectronBlueCivicSi
04-05-2005, 08:46 AM
yea the spots everyone is suggesting are all around the general populated area of the mall leaving many options for ppl to run and get food and come back which is good

99SL2_Modder
04-05-2005, 08:49 AM
Nice work Ray, now hopefully the rentacops call ya back :) that would be a nice suprise that they let us use the lot. Actually speaking of that area what about the lot right in front of Penn Dot, think about it, driving by you can't look down and the lot is huge, last time I checked though it was kinda potholish but I think they have cleaned it up but it is a huge log, lighting though maybe an issue not sure, plus right in the lot is LASERTAG!!!! LoL and Pool and I believe there is a pizza place there to. Anyone know what I am talkin about?

The only problems with that lot is the random fills that they get.

And I believe that Thursday is UZ's busiest.

65stang
04-06-2005, 11:24 AM
I'm not sure how good of an idea this is but.... There is a huge parking lot along Radcliff street in Bristol. I have no idea what it is. I'm going to guess it is some kind of park. There is room for hmm about 500 cars and I think there is lights. Just not sure how close this is the most people.

Do you mean the big parking lot in the boro by the river? id doubt wed be bothered back there not like theres any business on mill street that time of night, and its 2 minutes away so im all for it :supz:

Vypurr
04-06-2005, 03:13 PM

Like i said the LA fitness near oxford valley mall is where we usually hang out...just go behind the building its a huge lot. No one goes back there so dont gotta worry about being bugged.... And there is a little bit of lighting

Nobody there??? Evertime I go there, there are cops waiting nearby!

CarbonIS
04-06-2005, 11:38 PM

Nobody there??? Evertime I go there, there are cops waiting nearby!

yeah no offense but from a cop's perspective or someone actually going to LA fitness it may seem sort of shady just hangin out in the back lot there ya know?

Aaron
04-06-2005, 11:41 PM
We need to hold this at reedman and we need reedman as a sponsor. Plenty of lot space there, new life to Reedman, and they sell Subaru's too now. Car enthusiast comes and likes all the cars and they can walk in and get the wrx/srt they see the next day. Everybody is happy. Now if we could just talk them into letting us use the little test track for an auto-x type of event for more entertainment. :devil:

Vypurr
04-06-2005, 11:52 PM
WOW! ^^^That would rock!

But I would just like to test drive an exotic!