PDA

View Full Version : Radio reset code?

ImNickjames13
08-16-2010, 09:29 PM
I have an 01 Eclipse, while I was at school my dad set off the alarm on my car, he couldn't get it to shut off so he unplugged the battery. When we reconnected it the radio had been reset and needs a code in order to work. The card with the code on it was supposed to come with the car but I searched everywhere for it and cannot find it. Is there anyway of getting the code without having to go through a Mitsu dealer?

assault187
08-16-2010, 09:41 PM
its easy enough to call a mitsu dealer and give them your VIN# and possibly the serial number off of the radio. That radio comes out in seconds

kjs1820
08-22-2010, 03:37 PM
Have to yank the radio and get serial # and go to dealer or try H&R radio near you and they should be able to get it for you

ImNickjames13
09-01-2010, 05:28 PM
How much is the dealership going to charge to give me the code?

Mrjaydeeone
09-02-2010, 12:33 AM
seems to vary by dealership, some will charge and some will do for free. I have even heard on the elclipse forums to try calling around and you can even hit a dealership that will give you the info over the phone with the radio serial number along with the vin number

jpalamar
09-02-2010, 08:20 AM
1. You don't need the serial from the CD player. Just drive down to the dealer with the car, show them your registration as proof the car is your and they will give you the code. Typically the do this for free. Maybe the serial is a Mitsu thing?

2. Not sure why pulling the battery would ask for the code. They usually only as for the code once removed from the car. I've replaced batteries on several cars and I've never once been asked for the code.