PDA

View Full Version : Faded c/f hood...

PiTT
02-05-2006, 03:28 PM
I recently got this hood from a fellow zx2 onwer for nothing. it was faded but I didnt care since hell...it was free.

BUt now it's starting to get to me since I always see nice shiny hoods and mine is faded since it was never really taken care of. Here is a pic of it...
http://www.teamzx2.com/albums/userpics/13659/Picture_011.jpg

Any advice on how to bring back the shine? There's times when I go outside and it's actually whitish. Like dry skin. :help:

TROLL
02-05-2006, 03:51 PM
probably needs to be refinished with a new clear coat. maybe you can get an experienced detailer to look at it first though to see if it can be polished up though.

WrxJC
02-05-2006, 04:14 PM
i agree. You might as well try giving it a good buffing w/a buffer before you go spending loads of money trying to find out how to fix it.

PiTT
02-05-2006, 06:33 PM
Tried buffing. It's so dry it's almost impossible to remove the polish when it sets by hand. It takes a orbital buffer. ANd even still that gets rid of the white ashy look but it still doesnt reflect anythings. Just looks dull.

And idea what it would cost to have it recoated? I never had any painting or bodywork done before.