PDA

View Full Version : NJ Gas Prices

dubrx
02-02-2006, 02:39 PM
Has anyone else been hit by this one? I went to the Sunoco on RT1 and Harrison Street by Princeton yesterday, as I have once a week for the last four years, and got a tank of 93 octane... apparently overnight they decided to drop their 94 octane and add 91 instead... and charge for the 91 at their old 93 price and 93 at their old 94 price... I PAID $2.84 A GALLON!!! :furious:

Has anyone else seen this at any other stations? I hope the state isn't going with 91 now... most of the other stations still have their premium listed as 2.46, but I'm not sure whether that's for 93 or 91... guess I'll find out when I'm done this tank.

I hope I don't have to make a trip to PA to get 93...

StealthTC
02-02-2006, 03:15 PM
I know the sunoco by me still has ultra 94 and hasnt changed pricing

smoger
02-02-2006, 04:25 PM
but according to your post they have 93?

it sounds like they just dropped 94

Silver04STi
02-02-2006, 06:09 PM
Sunoco is phasing out Ultra 94. People on many forums around the country are reporting it in their areas. A few have even talked to station owners and confirmed it.

wrxbert
02-03-2006, 10:00 AM
The sunoco on south broad knows nothing about losing ultra...just go there

i paid $2.56 for ultra tuesday

2point4DSM
02-03-2006, 10:15 AM
I just got on their website and it was cool to find that they are actually headquartered right in Philly. It doesn't say anywhere on there that they are dropping 94.

In fact, it looks like they are expanding their ultra 94 to states that didn't have it before.

dubrx
02-03-2006, 10:51 AM
but according to your post they have 93?

it sounds like they just dropped 94

True, but they're charging an extra 40 cents for 93 a gallon over other stations. The third price posted up on their sign is for 91 and they're calling the 93 "Ultra" now... was just pissed at their trickery... won't go back there again... the owner was even out at the pumps and kept looking at me for a reaction I guess, unfortunately he didn't get one cause I didn't notice what had happened till I got the receipt :furious:

Whatever, I'll just take my business somewhere else.. guy made $8 on me yesterday... but'll loose the $1500 a year I'd been dropping there :mrgreen:

05Accent
02-03-2006, 11:41 AM
gas prices were doin fine but now there gettin to be rediclious..

TROLL
02-03-2006, 04:43 PM
just filled up where i always do and the guy who works there said that gas prices are going up tonight and that they will probably get hiked about 50 cents a gallon by the time they are done rising. he usually doesnt BS so although i hate all the speculation, i thought i'd throw it out there...
bryan

Cabra
02-03-2006, 05:32 PM
... they are actually headquartered right in Philly.

:furious: Sunoco pisses me of.... yeah they're HQ is Philly....South Philly to be exact (that 's the big refinery you see from the I-95 Bridge....you would think that prices would be lower here than anywhere else because this is their home turf (lower distribution costs), but I find that Sunoco is consistently 10-20 cents more than any other brand (even Lukoil which comes from Russia for Christ's sake!!) :furious:

2point4DSM
02-03-2006, 05:34 PM
Thanks for the heads up Bryan. I'll be filling up both cars tonight. Anyone have an idea why they are raising prices this time?

just filled up where i always do and the guy who works there said that gas prices are going up tonight and that they will probably get hiked about 50 cents a gallon by the time they are done rising. he usually doesnt BS so although i hate all the speculation, i thought i'd throw it out there...
bryan

Cabra
02-03-2006, 05:35 PM
Thanks for the heads up Bryan. I'll be filling up both cars tonight. Anyone have an idea why they are raising prices this time?

They're trying to match Shell's anual profit!

Silver04STi
02-03-2006, 06:51 PM
I just got on their website and it was cool to find that they are actually headquartered right in Philly. It doesn't say anywhere on there that they are dropping 94.

In fact, it looks like they are expanding their ultra 94 to states that didn't have it before.

I went to their site too after I posted and couldn't find anything about them phasing out 94. I did email them to see if its true. If I get a response, I'll be sure to post it up. I have seen on several other forums about 94 being gone from their local gas stations.

Adam496
02-03-2006, 09:43 PM
I just paid $2.30 for 93 around my neck of the woods.