PDA

View Full Version : McChrystal gets fired, Petraeus steps in

c0nfl1kt
06-23-2010, 07:47 PM
Anyone else excited about the genius of Petraeus in charge of Afghanistan?

SpEcRv9
06-23-2010, 07:52 PM
no McChrystal resigned, obama accepted it and retarded news stations are claiming obama fired him...

obama, still a joke. and McChrystal is out of the job for being real.

SpEcRv9
06-23-2010, 08:15 PM
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w130/patruck9/Keepitreal.png?t=1277338183

FocusDude
06-23-2010, 08:34 PM
I'm proud of McChrystal and his men for speaking their minds, it may be for the best in the end.

I wonder if he let it roll this way as a form of suicide? As fail as most of us think this adminstration is, Barry is still Commander and Chief and he should not allowing this type of insubordination. Mc and his troops should have resigned and then voiced their opinions... although then they probably would not have been as recognized as it is now.

mcperson2k
06-23-2010, 10:08 PM
no McChrystal resigned, obama accepted it and retarded news stations are claiming obama fired him...

obama, still a joke. and McChrystal is out of the job for being real.

Lol... You know why people resign don't you? Its because they are asked to... He can either resign, AKA retire, or he can be fired... Which would you choose?

SpEcRv9
06-24-2010, 12:10 AM
Lol... You know why people resign don't you? Its because they are asked to... He can either resign, AKA retire, or he can be fired... Which would you choose?

I don't think he was asked to do anything, it's a general in charge of a war, not a coach of a college team accused of beating up a player or something....but yeah, by the time the comments came out, he had to resign or get fired basically...

I don't think he wanted to give nobama the satisfaction of firing him...

I agree with focus dude, I think he planned to resign anyway, since from his comments obama had no idea what he was doing....but if he would have resigned first and then made these comments, they would have most likely been swept under the rug and nobody would hear about them....but speaking the truth, and not being able to hide it in major media...well, that will surely get some attention.

McChrystal won the round, even if he was forced into retirement

jpalamar
06-24-2010, 08:04 AM
He wasn't asked to resign, he was forced to. Anyone is that high a position wouldn't be fired for something so petty even though in the military eyes if you question you are insuborant. Rather then questioning things, you are just sent to die even if it makes no sense because you are there to be a drone. I've seen it happen to several people I know.

mcperson2k
06-24-2010, 10:25 AM
He wasn't asked to resign, he was forced to. Anyone is that high a position wouldn't be fired for something so petty even though in the military eyes if you question you are insuborant. Rather then questioning things, you are just sent to die even if it makes no sense because you are there to be a drone. I've seen it happen to several people I know.

What? Lol. You actually are going to compare McChrystal to 'several people you know'?

Being asked to resign is the equivalent of being forced to.. But nobody is forced to retire per say... When someone resigns, they are initially asked to do so. If they choose not to, than they are let go.. So he could have just been fired, and left with out retirement, but because McChrystal is such an honored person, the President allowed him the opportunity to walk off, able to receive retirement.

Just like the CEO of BP.. He isn't going to get fired, they are simply just going to ask him to step down, and he will say yes, because only an idiot would say no.